We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Another nice article about Cirali

telegraph.co.uk/travel/sunandsea/10148380/Ci…

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,842 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Hi sunshine715,

thanks for the link and yes another great article..BTW...the BBC was just here in Cirali and has filmed a documentary about Cirali , Filming took place in Cirali during the dates of August 27-29th

the show will be Presented by UK journalists, Angela Rippon, Joe Crowley and Helen Skelton, there are 4 hour long episodes which are broadcast during primetime television at 8pm on BBC1.

Joe Crowley and team where here in Cirali to film the beach holiday portion of the program

Highlights will include.., Cirali beach, baby sea turtles, Chimaera, Olympos ruins and many other features such as day trips to Phaselis, boat trips, and much more for a week’s family holiday in Cirali

Once complete the entire series will be broadcast in the early part of 2014 on UK television

The show will be aired in January on a weekday 8-9pm

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Hi Canmom

Will be looking out for the program in January, will be something to cheer me up during the cold, wet UK winter:-) Hopefully you'll be able to watch it online.

Take care

Sunshine

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,842 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks for the message and yes be sure to watch out for the program in jan 2014 on BBC 1 ! They did promise me a dvd of the segment of Cirali so lets hope I can also watch it..

Edited: 04 September 2013, 10:50
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,842 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Just had confirmation regarding Episode 2 ( this episode will feature Cirali and the surrounding areas )

Series 2 Episode 2 of 4 Thursday 13 March 2014@ 8pm on the BBC One

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03y6xv1

Dunstable
Level Contributor
760 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Hi All, I watched this episode and am trying to track down where Joe Crowley stayed as the Bungalows looked lovely can anyone help?

Ian.

London
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Hi Taz Nut

I believe they stayed at the Hotel Canada, we've booked to stay here too and really can't wait.

Edited: 18 March 2014, 06:37
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

The Hit Squad is on again this Thursday and how lovely it was to see this area of Turkey!

Finding this programme really interesting!

I am sure the filming in Cirali will bring a lot of interest in the area for those of you wanting a more tranquil setting ! It does look idyllic !

I think all the small hotels and pensions will welcome an increase in bookings !

Dunstable
Level Contributor
760 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Hi Barney - thanks for confirmation, I came to that conclusion late last night after a lot of trawling on the internet and FB etc. Maybe the wrong place to ask these questions but....I also had a quick look to see what Tour Operators go to Cirali and it doesn't look like the mainstream ones do, (which I guess is good news!)? So, how do people normally book their holiday, direct with the hotels and where to fly to? Transfers, how to book and how long does it take from the airport? When is the right time to go and see the baby turtles?!

Ian.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,842 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Hi Ian,

Most if not all travellers to Cirali book their own flights independantly and acommdations directly with Cirali hotels or pansiyons.

The best time to view the baby sea turtles hatching is mid-July to mid or late August. The BBC film crew was in cirali in late august and they still got a chance to see some of the turtles hatching even then. And even if you dont see the baby turtles in the early morning hours you get a beautful sunrise.

Also on another note in the summer months there is a good chance to see the adult sea turtles on the boat trips available in Cirali.

you can book transfers also with the accommodations and properties in Cirali İt will take about 90 minutes from the Antalya airport to Cirali with a private transfer

Dunstable
Level Contributor
760 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cirali mentioned in The Telegraph

Thanks for the information Canmom, much appreciated! Definitely one on the to do list, just a matter of when now!!

Get answers to your questions about Cirali