We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Cirali

Which Cirali hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Cirali

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask a few questions about getting to Cirali on behalf of my mother, hope someone can help!

We know that Antalya is nearer, but the flights are a lot cheaper flying into Dalaman, and we were wondering what the transfer time was like getting to Cirali from Dalaman? Has anyone done this, and did they catch the coach or hire a car? If getting the coach how comfortable was that/are there rest stops/ and how long did it take approximately?

Many thanks in anticipation! :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Cirali

No problems with the comfort of the big coaches, they stop regularly and have excellent service on-board (when was the last time you got free snacks and drinks on National Express?) The fastest intercity coaches from Dalaman otogar (bus station) are on the most direct route over the mountains to Antalya and then she would have to come back to Cirali along the coast road which takes about 1.5 hours.

Alternatively change at Fethiye (1.25 hours) and along the coastal route through Kas which is 5.5 hours so not an awful lot of difference. Obviously the flight arrival time will have to be taken into consideration, many flights into Dalaman are late evening, Antalya are often daytime. She would still have to get to Dalaman bus station, quite a lot of messing about really and then there is the return journey! I myself, if coming from Dalaman, would break the journey in Fethiye or Kas and start my journey along the coast in the morning but I certainly would not choose to fly into there and travel straight to Cirali, buses in Turkey are very punctual but there are so many other factors to take into account. We have often flown into one airport and out of the other using Easyjet but stayed overnight in Antalya in addition to our stops along the coast.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Cirali

Thanks scousemouse, we've got it all sorted now! :D

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Cirali

hi ..scousemouse has provided some great info and I too would recommend an overnight to break up the trip along the coast. ..maybe in Patara or Fethiye..Fethiye to Cirali along the coast is a 5 hr bus ride..Patara is about 3 hrs..Kas is 2.5 hrs to cirali...or take the faster inland route to Antalya and change buses in Antalya ..you could also look at internal flights from Dalaman airport to Antalya airport.

or rent a car and self drive. however if you drop off at a different location that you have rented at you will occur and extra drop off fee..and gas in turkey is very expensive..a diesel car is a good opton.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Cirali

Thanks canmom, some more food for thought :)

5. Re: Getting to Cirali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Cirali