We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirali to Cappadocia

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Cirali to Cappadocia

Hi everyone,

I'm spending 11 nights in Cirali this summer, and really looking forward to it. I've read on the forums about there being plenty to do, but I was wondering if it was feasible to get to Cappadocia and back from Cirali? Does anyone know any reputable travel agents, or would it be easier to hire a car?

I'm travelling with my mother and she doesn't like particularly long journeys, and it'll be especially hot in July I was just wondering if there was a way around it. Any info/advice would be appreciated!

Liz

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirali to Cappadocia

Hi MamaLiz87,

And welcome to the forums

you have 3 options; 1 fly from Antalya airport to Nevsehir or Kayseri airport to visit Cappadocia

also Cappadocia needs about 2 or 3 nights to visit

there are not really any travel agents in Cirali that organize trips like this

second option is to drive however you will be looking at about an 8 hr drive

or take the overnight bus from Antalya 9-10 hrs by bus

so if you mother is not good with long journeys flying is really the only option

Yes Cappadocia will be hot and dry in July

why not book a different holiday to Cappadocia in a different month perhaps the spring or fall and you could also visit Istanbul in a combined trip.

Cirali is centrally located between Antalya and Kas and you can travel farily easily to visit nearby historical areas.

In Cirali there are ..boat trips, snorkelling, long walks, day trips to nearby Kemer or Kumluca to visit local markets, biking, and of course relaxation...not to mention the historical ruins to explore..plenty to keep ones self busy for a week or two.

why not look at visiting places nearby to Cirali ??

when in Cirali you will want to ;

1. spend time on the beach

2. visit the vast hidden ruins of Olympos ( which to see many of them properly you will need at least 2 afternoons or 2 mornings ) then spend the rest of the day at the beach

3. take a trip at night to the chimaera ( Yanartaş )..but dont do that on the same day that you visit the Olympos ruins as you will be tired from walking at it is too much in one day..

4. half day for Phaselis ( ruins and beach ) then stop off maybe at Ulupinar on the way back.

5. there are also lovely out of the way places like Kuzdere or Goynuk canyons where you can swim in the icy waterfalls and take a picnic lunch..again at least more than a good part of the day. Or the waterfalls at Ulupinar.

6. Arykanda is a great historical place to visit and is 1.5 hours from Cirali..

7. a boat trip from the beach at Cirali to visit the many hidden coves and beaches..great trip with lunch on the boat..this is an all day trip.

8. many people take a day trip to Demre, Myra and the sunken city of Simena ( Kekova - Ucagiz ) for a day trip from Cirali..

9. during the spring and fall not over the hotter summer months..the weather is nice enough for walking along sections of the Lycian way you can do that as well..

10. rent a car for a few days trips around the area. There is a Dino park, Aerial park ( rope climbing etc ) , Antalya Aquarium and many more

11. Cable car ride at Mt Tahtalı..The gondola to the top, Mount Tahtalı, located in Antalya-Kemer, with its height of 2365m

You can see my photos and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirali to Cappadocia

Hi Canmom,

Thanks for all the info, you've given us lots of ideas.

I think we might leave out Cappadocia this trip- I'm sure it won't be long until we're revisiting Turkey! And sounds like we'll have more then enough to keep us busy in Cirali.

Thanks again!

Liz

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirali to Cappadocia

Hi Liz,

And you are welcome for the help. Enjoy your time in Cirali.

4. Re: Cirali to Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cirali
Recent Conversations