We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cure for Dalyanitis

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cure for Dalyanitis

Hi all I think I have found the cure for Dalyanitis . After visiting for the second year in a row Iam becoming bored of this town . There is nothing new this town can provide . Been there got the t-shirt ( fake ) . Thinking of going to Side next year , can anyone convince me otherwise . No rude responses please .

28 replies to this topic
Leicester
Level Contributor
403 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

Visiting Side made my Dalyanitis symptoms worse😃

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

Tell me why Simon . 🙏🏻

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

you know you are letting yourself in for some abuse now!

the usual nutters will be out, telling you that that you are wrong, that dalyan is perfect, that it wont miss people like you, you only deserve marmaris etc etc.

Level Contributor
50 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

I will be returning to Dalyan next year after 4yrs travelling to different resorts. I have been to Side some years ago & loved it. I can honestly say that every resort has a slightly different 'vibe' which will suit some,not others. My suggestion is to have a change,go & enjoy and you might find you will either return to Dalyan at some point or go on further.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

I know what you are saying mick , but I don't hold anything against the people that love Dalyan . I'll tell the world now I would rather die than go to Marmaris or anyplace like it . But that saying is true , variety is the spice of life . I can't say anything about going back to the same place year after year because I have been going to Jersey every year for the last 10 years and still love it .But I feel as if I want to try somewhere else in Turkey , Iam not saying I will never go to Dalyan again . Made many friends in Dalyan .

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

I havnt been to Side for a few years but really liked the old town area and stayed in that area or as near as I could.Staying in Side might mean thar you are staying miles away as the big hotels stretch out on both sides.The last time I went I stayed at the Beach House , a small hotel in the old town,no pool but roman ruins in the garden.A small beach was right in front.

Prices are in euros,so you will realise that most visitors are German with a lot of Russians. Not sure what you didn't want to repeat in Dalyan so can't say what you may like about Side but what ever you do go to Conneys for a meal,you will not regret it.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

Hi turk0file .I just feel that I have done everything that is possible to do in Dalyan and feel if I go back again next year it will tarnish the good memories I have . Iam not saying I dislike Dalyan I just want to try elsewhere .

Great minds think alike , I have already contacted the beach house hotel . They are very popular and are nearly full for next September .

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

We had a break for a few years, but returned again and have just been for the third year in a row. I would like to stay in Kas, but went there on a trip and found it far more expensive than Dalyan. We have stayed up and down the Turkish coast, but find Dalyan ticks most boxes. The only thing I really miss is being able to swim in the sea as the sun goes down. I would always recommend doing two centre when trying somewhere new, we have done Kalkan/Ovacik, when we wanted to give Kalkan a try and Adrasan/Calis when we wanted to give Adrasan a try. Pity we didn't do the same when we went to Gumusluk because we didn't really like it that much and were stuck there for two weeks. Good luck with Side, perhaps you can come back and tell us what you did or didn't like.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

Husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Grant and his sister on the med, highlights trip by Volkan. The long day was an absolute pleasure, Stop for turkish tea at a charming spot, then on to Patara to see the amazing ruins of the old meeting hall and theatre. Our Guide murat was knowledgeable, funny and kind.

Patara beach was beautiful with a long sandy beach with a beach bar and sand dunes maybe a longer stop here could be nice as the beaches at Kalkan and Kas are pebbly.

Kalkan's meal was beautiful, I had Penne Rigatonni OH had Spaghetti Bolognase - fantastic with lots of extras. There was a swim offered but the group decided to go on to Kas.

Then drove to Kas via a beach sometimes Volkan stops at, but at 300 steps down we all decided not to bother.

Plenty of time to look around at Kas, we had homeade lemonade and a homeade iced tea at "The Pub" then moved on in to the square where we had a couple of beers.

We then met up with group and drove to the next beach. The sea was a little rough but Grant did the manly thing and braved the waves, whilst his sister my hubby and I sat and watched!!

The meal at the beach bar was lovely, hubby and I had fish with lots of dips.

Cannot fault this trip or the company - with one exception - Grant and his sister know who I mean!!!!

Drive home in the dark was magical.

much as I adore Volkan murat was the best!!!!!!

Hope you decide to come back Grant

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cure for Dalyanitis

Fantastic trip, I was disappointed that our group decided to skip Kapatas, it is worth the walk down there just to sit on the edge of the sea, far nicer than the beach in Kalkan. Anyway, I made up for it by sitting on the edge of the sea at Big Pebble beach watching the sun go down. It's a long day, but doesn't feel like it. Would recommend this trip to anybody wanting to see beyond Dalyan.

Reply to: Cure for Dalyanitis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan