We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

Hi all just returned from sunny dayan last night,we stayed at villa kiydan very pleased we had booked these apts great position with lovely views across to the rock tombs,we had two lovely boat trips one was the lake trip and one was the 12 island trip which was brilliant,we booked both with dale from ozalp turizm opposite the new post office,he is a great guy and the cheapest around,we ate out every evening there are so many restaurants to choose from but here are the ones we tried ramazan han,very nice texas steak,but the service was terrible,if you was a group of ladies you will be fine and get great service me and hubby seemed to be ignored for most of the evening,ja ja starter ok main meal cold one of the waiters sat at our table with a beer telling us his life story all evening and helped himself to several of my cigarettes without asking,hence we left no tip,cehyan on the river lovely meal excellent service,globaski its on the way to the beach we had a village breakfast here and an evening meal both was very good, they will do a free collect and return service from your hotel,our favourite restaurant by far was the kosk,its a little restaurant on the left just before you get to carretta carretta,outstanding food and service,its a very small place with only about 8 tables the owners wife does all the cooking and she does it from scratch,the meals are exceptional,and very cheap wished we had eaten here more,every time we walked past they invited us in for coffee on the house,and they have got the most adorable puppy they have given a home to.Dalyan is a lot bigger than what we was expecting,and to touristy for us as we like quaint villagey places,also every evening i would be upset at seeing all the stray dogs that would be hanging around,there is a lot of unsightly rubble and building works going on so not the prettiest of places in some areas so be wary of where you book accomadation,gocek was more our cup of tea,but we had a nice time,lovely weather met some really nice people,would like to thank raymondo or should i say afellia and shelia for showing us around the first couple of days,and taking dean for his turkish shave and haircut.Please please if your staying at villa kiydan just at the end of the road near to the campsite there is a group of young cats who desperately need feeding we used to buy them chicken roll from the supermarket every evening,please feed them as they are very hungery,also dales mum susan runs a animal rescue centre in koycegiz she desperately needs help with donations to help feed the many dogs and cats she has taken in,you can leave donations with dale who will pass them onto her,i will post more about this rescue centre when i have the details she is going to send me,i do hope many of you can help with her charity.karen xx

bristol UK
Level Contributor
761 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

oh dear, also get upset about animals in this situation...

is there a lot of noisy building work going on? (Booked for the Metin week monday...)

Feeling a bit worried now as first negatives on Dalyan I've noted so far.

Thanks for the restaurant tips also

TT

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

Dont worry,you will have a lovely time itsnot building work as such just unfinished apts and villas,no noisy work going on,i didnt mean to sound negative i was just telling it the way we saw it,there are a lot of lovely places to visit as mentioned the 12 island trip from gocek was brilliant,as was the lake trip,im sure you will have a lovely holiday.

bristol UK
Level Contributor
761 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

cheers. The 12 island and lake trips are def on the agenda!

How far is Gocek?

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

Hi book all your trips with dale from ozalp travel opposite the new post office in town he really is the cheapest also collects you from your accomadation and return at end of the day,gocek is about 25 mins away from dalyan you go by coach included in price,raymondo introduced us to dale on our first night hes a great guide with lots of information about the area,the lake trip was also booked through him too,he does loads of trips at great prices.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

Hi tt forgot to say dale is usually around in the evenings only after about 9pm,as he is out on trips in the day,as you come out of your hotel turn right into the main street the post office is on your right about 300yds down then ozalp travel is opposite on the left,the kosk restaurant i mentioned is the opposite direction past the sunray lounge follow the road up to the sahil reastaurant, kosk is opposite here it really is a lovely little place we had there sea bass at 11 lira it was cooked to perfection can also reccomened there stuffed mushrooms and special salad and home cooked lamb casserole the flavors was amazing and beautifully presented.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

We are packed and ready for an early start tomorrow a bit worried that it will be too touristy for us but we are having a car for the week so will head for the hills and find our own little bit of Turkey (I hope)

Elcas

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

Hi eclas im sure you will find some really nice places as you are hiring a car,def make a visit to gocek as its only about 30 mins away from dalyan lovely little harbour town with some nice little cafes along the waterfront,have a nice holiday .

bristol UK
Level Contributor
761 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

thanks again.

Am going to have to write all this down as blooming printer has died. And i wouldn't dream of using the one at work...

Newcastle
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

Hi, just sent you a message but not sure i sent it the right place!!! It was about helping out with the animal centre over Summer? Please e-mail me! My address is pandatetley@hotmail.co.uk, thanks!! x

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just returned from dalyan my thoughts and experiences

Hi pandaxxt ive just sent you a pm.x

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations