We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
125 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

I haven't visited this forum in a while as I've been busy setting up a new business but I am so excited that my holiday is getting near. I was supposed to visit Dalyan last Sept for our first wedding anniversary but when XL went bust we ended up in York instead!! However around the same time my parents booked a family holiday for all 10 of us to Dalyan...woop!! We are staying in Jumali House. The only downside is that we are only there for one week :-(

I really would like recommendations for a great restaurant to have a small party on our last night for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. It doesn't have to be posh but it does have to have great food and a very friendly atmostphere and maybe some dancing. Any suggestions?

Bolton
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

Hi Karen,

If you look at some of the older pages of theis forum there is a link to Restaurant reviews in and around Dalyan which gives reviews of many Restaurants.

The reviews are from various members and you will note that a few in particular are always mentioned.

I feel sure you will not be dissappointed wherever you eat in Dalyan and if you mention the party to any of them think you will be surprised at the help you will get.

The only downside as far as I can see is you will be sorry you are only there for 1 week...

Magic

Bolton
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

Hi Karen,

The Restaurant review is on page 3 of the Dalyan Forum.. " Restarant review 2008 "

I'm sure you will find it helpful.

Magic

ESSEX
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

HI KAREN,i remember the huge let down that you faced last year,hope the alternative arrangements went off well,i ended up stranded in DALYAN due to the X.L. fiasco(still awaiting a refund)...during that time last September our friend celebrated a 60th birthday and we had a great time in B.B.Q. gardens,..during the day banners and streamers were put up around our seating area and the food was wonderful,our friend was really surprised and pleased,i am sure Ramazan & Mehmet would love you to use their restaurant for the special day.. if you need any more info send a p.m. and i will reply as soon as pos. xraymondox

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

Hi karen i remember giving you the link to jumalia house last april,when we was there last sept we went a walk around to find it,wow its beautiful and in a great position you will not be disappointed have a lovely time.

UK
Level Contributor
125 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

I still think something will happen and we wont get there! Like more Swine Flu cases and all international flights being grounded.....I dont seem to be having much luck with holidays!!! They have already been a hiccup with this one - we were all due to fly out on the 8.30am flight then my daughter announces as exam that day so the two of us are now on the 9.30pm flight missing one day of our precious holiday :-(

Thanks for the tip off re restaurants! all useful!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

Hi Karen

I remember your plight from last year and was so sorry for you. However you will finally be in Dalyan shortly, so have a wonderful holiday. As they say, everything comes to those who wait! As for the birthday party, I'm sure whichever restaurant you choose would be more than happy to help. I see the restaurant review has been bumped up to help all newcomers and oldtimers alike. Have a great trip. Shame its only for a week but better than nothing.

Salisbury
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

Hi Karen

Yes I remember that too. Felt really sad for you. We were lucky that we didn't book with XL as we do shop around for flights. It could easily have been us.

As Raymondo has said, The Ramazan Han would be happy for you to celebrate there.

I have had several celebrations over the years. Let them know a few days ahead and they will provide a cake or fruit with sparklers/fireworks, if you want.

We have all tripped the light fantastic with the darling Mehmet so I'm sure you'll have a ball.

I'm off again in May and yes I do not want to hear that swine flu is there either. Fingers crossed eh!

I went was when they had the bird flu business, that never amounted to much. hopefully this won't either.

Enjoy your hols.

Linnie

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

I would also recommend the Barbeque Garden for your big night out. We go regularly and have had several special occasions there including our honeymoon and several wedding anniversaries since. This year Pete will be 50 and that is where we will be!

east sussex
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

Hi where is the barbeque garden in dalyan? Visited dalyan 7 years ago it was a fab holiday, cant wait to return in 3 weeks! Have a family with 2 6 year old children any ideas where to take them, adventures and so on ...?

ESSEX
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dalyan in 4 weeks...I hope!

SUZY,the B.B.Q. garden is at the quiet end of the village in between Caretta Caretta & Safran restaurants on opposite side of the road xxraymondoxx

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan