We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

suffolk
Level Contributor
191 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

Hi everyone, can you please help me? I've spent ages on web trying to find a reasonablepackage hol to Dalyan, it sounds like my type of place, but not many packages and all so dear. Other places in Turkey have the bargains but I suppose you pay more for the less touristy places?

We want to go about 30 April for 7 days for 2 adults from Stansted or Gatwick, and budget about £300 max B & B. Bit worried about exchange rate so alternative is half board, don't think there are All Ins at Dalyan.

Can anyone recommend who I can go to please?

I did look at flights but they were £320 for us both before hotel costs. Not sure if this would be better and book hotel direct?

Hotelwise, Metin looked good, or anything with some reasonable reviews.

Any advices really appreciated, thanks

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

Try booking a hotel and flight via Travel Republic and add on a transfer. It is not much more difficult to do it this way as a package deal and works out cheaper

I have checked and you can get all of this for the days you want for less than £200 each. The Metin is not one of the hotels, but there is a variety you can choose from, I always stay at the Junior Ozalp

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

Gosh where to start. I think for Dalyan, the earlier you book the better. We do the trip independently, flights and hotel/apartment separately, we feel we get a better deal that way. We are going in September and booked last November, got a great deal. I know Raymondo got a good deal at the Asur but I'm not sure who that was with. He may be able to inform you. Have you tried Thomas Cook, also look at the website www.icelolly.com they generally have a few options available. No AI in Dalyan, plenty of hotels with B & B, although we like to self cater as the choice of food and the cheapness of it is fabulous. There are many restaurants to choose from too. I have stayed at the Metin once and had a really great time there. Nice big pool, although you do have to be quick with old towels in a morning, the roof terrace restaurant is lovely for breakfast, you can hear all the school kids singing in the morning. We have also stayed at the Binlik, which is quite central to town, basic but very clean and has two pools. If I get the time this afternoon, I will try to check out a few sites for you and check out the prices. another site to try for flights is www.skyscanner.net. Maybe if you get a good flight price, you can then sort out an apartment. We are staying at an apartment at a knock down price and if you need to know where just let me know. Happy Hunting.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

Hi annie, I just checked out sky scanner and they have a few flights available at £146 each return with Onur Air and also £157.99 each but thats going out one way with EasyJet and coming back Aegean. Then if you click on the hotel button and put in Dalyan, there are numerous hotels to choose from , some as low as £8 per night, Donmez Hotel, works out t £58.80 for the week plus your flights, so there are deals out there to be had. If you want to check it out and ask further questions about the hotesl feel free. Donmez I have never stayed at but it is smack dab in centre of town, looks very small, but as long as its clean. It is also over a great restaurant called Gecit. If you need transfers from the airport I can give you the email of a good company who will charge for 2 people, £40 return. Lots to look at on sky scanner. Go for it.

suffolk
Level Contributor
191 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

thanks all of you, I'll check out all your suggestions.

just got a quote from qwerty travel for £295 each HB at konak melsa or junior ozalp, didn't have great reviews so had put me off a bit, but frogletina, you always go there, so assume you love it.

I had not wanted s/c as thought it would be expensive, but now having rethink after your comments.

Lasy year I looked at the Yunus, as would like somewhere next to river with views.

The Asur looks lovely, any ides whats best way to get better deal on prices show on their web site?

I'll carry on looking. thanks again

suffolk
Level Contributor
191 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

update got quote on travel republic for £626 everything (HB) Dalyan Resort

or £559 at Basar

Bit more than I wanted to pay but they look lovely

Must wait for husband to get home and discuss!

It started out as idea for cheap week at £200 ish!

will keep looking and try that option for flights flight scanner

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

I know, so many choices its hard to choose what to do. Both the Dalyan Resort and Basur are lovely, Dalyan resort I would say is more upscale and further out of town, the Basur is a lovely place too. We were once walking down that road exploring and the owner came out and asked us if we wanted to have a look around and offered us tea. It is a lovely place and very peaceful, and again its closer to town but not on the river like Dalyan Resort. It will take approx 10 minutes to walk into town from Dalya Resort and you pass many good restaurants along the way, but there is also a back way in to town should you wish to avoid these each evening. We feel bad sometimes because you just can't fit them all in in one holiday and they stand outside every night in the hopes that this is the night you're going to eat there. Another option for you (you'll be on the internet for hours) is to try www.ownersdirect.co.uk, we got ours from there at a great price. Also I believe the Sandybrown were doing a deal for £180. I think Raymondo might be able to help with that hotel, as he is going to check it out in April.

suffolk
Level Contributor
191 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

thanks for all the extra information Yorkie, its great to talk to someone who really knows the place.

I had not even seen the sandybrown ,its lovely, rates work out at £310 from web, where did you see the £180 offer please?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

I think its an introductory offer as it is the first year of management for the couple who are running it. Hopefully Raymondo will check in at some point as he seems to know a lot more about this hotel than I do. You could try emailing the hotel direct, you can usually do a deal with some of them. You might want to mention that its been talked about on here. Having said that, it isn't on the river but is in a lovely part of town, and is very peaceful and you could walk along the river into town.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

You can often get an hotel cheaper by going through an agent. I've booked for my mum and friend and managed to cut the cost in half by booking through www.hotels4u.com. The accomodation is under £100 for a week for two people B&B and as it's exactly the hotel they wanted so as you can imagine, they were very happy.

I found Pegasus outward and Easyjet home to be the cheapest

Edited: 09 April 2010, 18:04
Bolton
Level Contributor
288 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: advice on package hols to dalyan or cheap flights

Hi,

Our friends have booked today at Hotel Keskin in Dalyan 7 nights B&B departing 3rd May for 7 nights £226 with thomas cook from Stanstead. It is still avail as of now I have just checked their website, He said there were a few other hotels avail also.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations