We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Tourist deaths in Turkey prompt safety warnings"

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
729 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
"Tourist deaths in Turkey prompt safety warnings"

Headline from the Telegraph travel supplement over the weekend.Basically saying if you have a claim in Turkey you can expect lengthy delays and significantly less compensation than in the UK. The moral of the warning is do not rely on sales blurb saying professionally run fully insured etc (as on jeep safari literature) they may not be and you are at risk.Your medical insurance will pay for your evacuation to UK and hospital bills in Turkey. But you may not get much compensation from the turks who run the trip and if you are badly injured that may be a disaster for you and your family.So do not go paragliding, jeep safari etc without checking you are covered by your travel insurance first.At least that way you get home even if you get no compensation for any injuries you suffer (time off work, unable to work again ..think about it )

I went paragliding in Olu Diniz a few years ago and was scared silly.When I got home I checked,out of interest,if I was insured by my travel insurance and I was not ! Gulp!

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Tourist deaths in Turkey prompt safety warnings"

there was a death about a month ago with the white water rafting......out of raft and curshed against the rocks, not the first either. All very tragic....but then people do daft things while on holiday,. thinking it won't happen to them.

2. Re: "Tourist deaths in Turkey prompt safety warnings"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan