We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

I'm sure you're all fed up of me blathering on about our first trip to Dalyan but am defo on a countdown now - woo hoo.

Finish work on Thurs then off courtesy of Jet2.com out of Leeds Bradford. A spell in the Escape Lounge before boarding, then a few drinkies on board. Mozzie spray in hand luggage so the little beggars don't get us on arrival at 22.40 ( hopefully).

The its a quick transfer to the White House Apartments - rated no 1 in Dalyan.

Am now officially beyond excited. Will post reviews on our return.

Janice :):):)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

:) :) :) :)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

Don;t forget to do a bit of haggling in the market. Also don't have breakfast before you go and try one of the homemade pancakes made fresh for you. Stock up on the wonderful tomatoes and cheese. You'll hear a lot of "cheap as chips", "cheaper than ASDA", "cheaper than Matalan", all good fun and some good bargains to be had too. Have a great trip, look forward to your review on return.

leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

Hi Lynne,

Can't wait to stock up on all the fab food. We usually make our own lunches when abroad so will defo be getting cheese,olives, bread, potatoes, salad stuff, loads of fresh fruit etc. My mouth is watering at the thought of the melons, cherries etc etc.

I can almost smell the spices etc etc. Usually come home with bags of lovely dried herbs, marinades, saffron etc.

Janice xx

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

"No cheap sh**e"

" Genuine fakes"

Hope you have a lot of patience, some of these guys are hard work !!

leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

I have a hard bargaining heart ha ha. Having experienced Anjuna market in Goa, those boys in Dalyan won't get the better of me!!!!!!

:):):):):)

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

Don't put mozzie stuff in your hand luggage though, it will be confiscated & that would defeat the object, if it's only a 100ml bottle you can put it in a clear plastic bag & carry it through.

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
620 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

Nice to see someone gets as excited as me for their holidays - enjoy

Two weeks monday for me :):):)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

Rub it in Janice, why don't you!!!!! I was thinking about you this morning as I've just sent my flight details to Greg, we've got 5 weeks left, so when you get back we'll have only 3. Don't forget to leave a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge and rose petals scattered across our pillows!! Can't wait to read your review of the White House Apartments, especially how big the pool is as my daughter loves to swim.

What's on your list of restaurants to try? We're looking forward to Aubergine, Saki and La Vie as they seem to be getting really great reviews on the forum.

CG x

Exeter, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

Hi Janice, like Choirgirl I'm not only looking forward to reading your review of the White House Apartments but also of Dalyan as it will also be our first time there. After reading all the fab reviews on the forum I think we're in for a wonderful time - can't wait.

Choirgirl, as you will be arriving a day or two before us (we get there in the early hours of Sunday morning) I'll look forward to sharing your champagne lazing by the pool !!!

Counting the days.

Kim

leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: This time next week I'll be strolling round the Market !!!!!

Hi All,

As if I would rub it in CG - ha ha !!!! When I come back you and Kim will be on a countdown and I'll be well jel!!!

Mozzie stuff in hand luggage - got some wrist bands ready so no prob there.

Restaurants : want to try Medusa, Yener's Place, Aubergine and Kousk.

Chamapagne and rose petals - ha ha ha. May partake of them myself.

Just need to check in on line, book the taxi to the airport, pack up and trot off!!!!

J xxxx

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan