We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

With just over a week until our visit (and having never travelled via Istanbul before), will we need to buy our visa in Istanbul (in transit), or do this on arrival in Dalaman please?

Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

You have to get it at Istanbul airport, as you will have to go from the international terminal to the national terminal - hence you are entering the country in Istanbul. Queue up (same as you normally do at Dalaman) for the visa first and then proceed to immigration counters.

One thing to watch though if you are being met at Dalaman airport, is that as transit passengers if you have checked your luggage all the way through, when you arrive you will be taken to the International terminal in order to collect your luggage - so you should arrange to be met there, rather than at the domestic terminal.

Lucky you - any room for a little (!!) one!!

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

A very helpful reply, thankyou. I was going to book our transfer to Dalyan from the domestic terminal so good to have that information too...and really sorry there'll be no room in the bags!

Edited: 15 March 2012, 22:14
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
704 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

Sent you a PM with all the info.

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

Thanks vonone, much appreciated...

sugar land
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

I am with Turkish Airline from Houston to Venice and via Istabul Turkey. I will stay overnight at airport hotel provided by Turkish Airline.. In that night I want to go out for dinner book throught agent ( Istanbul night...) I have fwe question; Is that a good idea to book dinner from tour agent it's about 80dollars? seconds question if you have any idea about hotel that the airline will provide (the name of the hotel... I need that to fill the pick up request), and the 3rd question if it ok for me to check my lugage all the way to Venice from Houston so I don't have to worry about to check in and out later

Thank you

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

Try the Istanbul forum hoang d.

$80 sounds like a lot of money for dinner in Turkey!

7. Re: Visa - Istanbul or Dalaman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations