We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming

irlam manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming

Ive swam in the river a few times at the top end at the long house dedim is great you can dive in off the jetty and have your wine or efes waiting on your table thing is ive been watching a program on tv called monsters inside me its about parasites in rivers and lakes that invade your body lay eggs and cause havock with your insides ive been ok but has anyone heard different.[sorry if my spellings rubbish]

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming

Lou don't want to alarm U but when we were in Kalkan in turkey my other half went in a river there and something entered his body his leg went purple and he was delerious had to call doctor and apparently a tic had entered his leg. He was ok eventually but I thought his number was up. When we got back to UK he was on anti biotics for three weeks!!! Not saying that would happen in dalyan but I would always err on caution in rivers.

irlam manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming

But we all go on boat trips and swim in the lake hope its ok

england
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming

Thousands of people swim in Dalyan river every year and i have not heard any bad reports. I knew someone who went to Gambia many years ago and got bitten by some fly that laid eggs under her skin she wasn't swimming in a river she was just walking around sightseeing. I wont be worrying too much next time i swim in Dalyan river unless something un-toward happened to me then i might eat my words and never go in there again but until then happy swimming in beautiful Dalyan river

holland
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming

The only thing i am worried of are toes,check every time your toes.(: (: .

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming

You know some of the boats have toilets?

Where do you think they empty their toilets? Might want to think about that next time you jump in!

irlam manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming

Yes i swim in the river eveytime i go just overheard some peolple at a bar discussing the issue

irlam manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming

Why do you check your toes

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming

Don't be silly Tidus -the boats have to hold the waste water in tanks and discharge them when they go to the dock.

irlam manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimming

Think i will still swim off thouse pension jettys i will spit not swallow lol

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimming

I'm serious. There isn't a pumping facility at present, nor refueling - they full up with diesel using jerry cans filled up at the petrol station.

That's unless they are winding me up, but I can't think of any water/waste/power facilities along the waterside - have you seen anything?

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations