We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
holland
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

Who can tell me how much i can take in my handluggage,if i google i find different results.I also wants to know how old the person has to be.

West Yorks
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

From the UK each person is allowed 1L of spirits. As you can't buy spirits under the age of 18 in the UK I would think you have to be at least 18 to be allowed an allocation in hand luggage. I assume the rules on imported spirits into Turkey are the same for all EU countries.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

Hi Ruud,

Poppykat had a thread on this the other day - and I posted this in reply:

"There was a thread about this on the Istanbul forum the other week - there is always so much MIS-information about this when you check out various sites but this is the alcohol allowance from "the horse's mouth" - a poster Giritline who works in Turkish Customs:

"you can buy 1 liter of beverage containing 22% of alcohol and 2 litres of bevarage containing less than 22 % alcohol"

(but I think that the "and" should be an "or"!!)

There is some interesting reading in Giritline's posts! Here's a link to the thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k56…"

So the allowance is 1 litre of spirits per person over 18 years.

holland
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

That is the problem i have red 5 liter per person and the age of seventeen and i dont think holland isnot any different as the u.k.Turkey isnot in the E.U.

West Yorks
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

Here are a couple of reliable websites which show duty free allowances:

www.worlddutyfree.com

and www.taxfreetravel.com

I think maybe you misunderstood my last sentence. I meant that all EU countries will have the same import restrictions into Turkey (hence why UK will have the same allowances as Holland). Because Turkey is not in the EU, the amount of spirits allowed into Turkey from Non-EU countries might be different - though I don't know. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

The 5 litres was the old allowance I am afraid, and the Eu / non Eu only applies to the rules for importing back to the UK (and I suppose all the other EU countries because it is us that have the no-duty free between EU countries.

Edited: 11 August 2012, 19:33
London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

Sorry - just realised the link to the earlier TA thread I posted didn't work - let's try again!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k56…

Liverpool
Level Contributor
993 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

…gumruk.gov.tr/ENG/…default.aspx

This is the official Turkish Customs web site. Only 1 litre of spirits allowed. Age limit is 18 years.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

If you are taking it from Holland it will have to be in your hold luggage as liquids over 100ml are not allowed in hand luggage,unless you are buying from Dutch duty free.

holland
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

Still strange that i red on the costumersside from schiphol that it is 5 liter duty free and age of 17,but i will ask them on the airport they will know it.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
430 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how much spirits can i take on my holiday per person

If I were you I would buy it at Dalaman airport - much cheaper and saves some luggage space on the way! If we need to take anything, one of us waits for the cases to come off the carousel and the other gets the alcohol!

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations