We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rip Off Drinks- Beware

Fleet, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Rip Off Drinks- Beware

Has anyone else been ripped off for drinks at Dalaman Airport. I paid 70TL (25GBP) for a small G&T, small beer, and two sodas!! at the bar above gates 29/30

Even the kiosks etc are expensive 17TL (6GBP) for 2 500ml water & 1 soda

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

I think its you & just about every one else, must be the biggest gripe on this forum.

Redditch, Worcs
Level Contributor
214 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

Even before the new terminal opened prices were a rip off . I think it must be the most expensive airport in the world.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

hi jpf

i posted a topic back in oct 2010 "Dont be ripped off at the All sports bar at dalyan airport.". and kept it running for ages, bumping it up so it stayed on the top of the first page. i probably should have kept the topic going to worn everybody about these disgraceful prices in the bars and kiosks. rip off is the word.

barry and mary

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

Yep, avoid this bar like the plague! Dalaman is known to be one of the most expensive airports in the world; ironic given that it's in one of the cheapest countries! Even a small bottle of water (50k in town) costs 4.50TL. I refuse to buy anything but a small bottle of water, making sure we've all been suitably fed and watered before setting off. I read somewhere that McDonalds at Dalaman is the most expensive in the world. Can't verify it as I've never eaten there but it wouldn't surprise me. The only answer to these rip-off prices is to boycott the shops, bars and restaurants and maybe they'll get the message!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

We were the same - made sure we had eaten before we went to the airport and only bought two small bottles of water once through security (and I really begrudged that, but in that heat we just needed some water to sip). It must be a nightmare if you are delayed for any length of time.

Grimsby, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

WHAT!!! its enough to drive you to Drink, you must have been desperate to pay that , i would report it to A.A. when you next go to a meeting. VIC

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

There always was a very reasonable bufe just outside the departure area, in the car park. Used to check in bags then retreat outside until boarding time. Is it still there?

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

Buying any food or drink at the airport is a really bad idea, but most people will get stung, even if it's only the once.

I know lots of people finish off their drinks after the 1st security check, but it's a good idea to take some fruit, which is both thirst quenching and refreshing....I refuse to buy anything!

We once took advice from here and checked in first, then went back outside and down the escalator to the cafe outside arrivals.....unfortunately we didn't buy anything there either, as although the prices were slightly less than the airport, they were still ridiculously expensive....

Almere, Nederland
Level Contributor
250 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

Had some bottles of water in our luggage, no problem getting it through customs.

try it!

Edited: 22 August 2012, 18:20
West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rip Off Drinks- Beware

Rene, I've tried taking water through and have accidentally left it in hand luggage before. Most times it has been taken off me, though I have gone through customs once or twice and not had it taken off me (once I was told to take a swig - presumably to prove it wasn't dangerous!) . It probably depends on who's on duty at the time! :-)

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan