We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

Hi everyone

My baggage allowance going out in September is 20 kg, reduced to 15 kg for the return journey (thanks Thomson)...I've pondered on what I could get rid of over the holiday, but I'm now panicking about the packing!

Anyone got any ideas please as to how I can lose 5 kg of extra luggage weight for the return journey. I really don't want to have to pay for another hold bag.....and what about the Turkish Delight!

Grimsby, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

SIMPLES , get a load of Migros carrier bags, transfer items into them and SELL your case !! case weighs 5k bags weigh zero ,problem solved . SIMPLES .. VIC,

Edited: 29 August 2012, 15:26
england
Level Contributor
525 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

We are the same end of September 22kg case 10kg hand luggage going to Dalyan and 20kg and 5kg coming back. Why can't they all be the same. My solution should have been to book these flights the opposite way around. I am lucky enough though to leave some things in my villa don't know about you Denzilly ?? have you got any good friends out there that you could leave some things with until next year ??

swansea
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

Only pack 15kg to go? I've amazed myself have 15kg allowance and panicked so decided to take small case to stop myself over packing if got everything I need and more into a small case and a total of 12.5kg! Taking a decent size hand luggage with that too

West Yorks
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

Denzilly just watch out for the overall measurements of hand luggage because that varies too! I've got different hand luggage for different carriers - such a faff! Shame you're dates are a bit different to mine, I'd have gladly taken some of your stuff back for you (we don't usually need our allowance as we keep stuff at our place in Dalyan) as I think you live quite near to me. Hey ho. All I can suggest is you wear a coat with generous pockets and maybe a couple of layers on the return leg (which you can take off before you board, then put back on as you approach the UK- you'll need them!) and don't buy too much turkish delight ;-) Good luck! :-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

Denzilly we have 20kg with easyjet and unlimited on hand luggage as long as the size meets the requirements and you can lift it yourself into the overhead locker. I always come in at just under 15kg. Try cut down on the shoes maybe? I take 2 pairs of sandals, 1 flip flops, I put my electricals in the hand luggage, (straighteners, hairdryer etc.) I also take small bottles of toiletries for thefirst few days then buy there. leave the towel at home, get a cheapy and leave in resort. In conclusion I stuff as much as I can in the carry on then have hubby carry it! On the way back my carry on is packed with olive oil soap, those yummy morish honey coated nuts, 3 pairs of NEW sandals I've bought at the market and anything else I can cram in there. Good luck with it.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
703 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

dont bother with hairdryer etc, get your hair washed at the salon cheap and easier. I never wash my hair myself when in Dalyan and hubby goes for a shave socuts down on toiletries

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

I have to Vonone, I don't like anybody else doing it unfortunately. having said that I only take the dinky travel ones. I had it done at the salon last week and came back to the office and had to rearrange my fringe and cut the sides! What can I say, I'm a fussy old thing.

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

Hate to state the obvious but perhaps take 15KG on the way out? As you've pointed out, what you leave behind in used shower gel etc tends to get replaced with Turkish delight and such....you'll never do it....

Are you stopping somewhere with a washing machine? Try packing as if you're only going for 1 week. Then wash and wear everything again.

Edited: 29 August 2012, 16:56
Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
703 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

other option on the way back (as it will be cold in the UK) wear loads of layers, I know a few people who do that, they also wear a big coat and fill the pockets. If your returning next year and you know someone who you can leave stuff with till then. My son left his case with me in July as he said he doesn't need summer stuff in the UK

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to lose 5kg in 2 weeks

Lol Vonone, your son is not far wrong there!

Denzilly I would go for 15kgs going out as Tidus says and as big a hand luggage as allowed. Hope you can work it out, just a pity it's not the other way around!!

Dont know how much Turkish Delight is at the airport, but would it be possible to buy it there once you are through security?

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations