We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Readjusting...!!!

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Readjusting...!!!

Having just returned from 5 weeks in Dalyan it's hard to readjust to real life!

I had a lovely, relaxing time - boat trips to Ekincik, Koycegiz, swimming at Delik Island, in Candir lake and Koycegiz lake.

Cycling to Gunlukluk for a cold drink in the shade and exploring the outer lanes of Dalyan made a change of scenery.

Lunches at Ceyhan and Sevgi Gozleme, watching the boats, turtles, fish, water snakes, eels and ducks meant there was always something to see.

I did visit Ovacik to see a friend who lives there and we went down in to Hisaronu. This reminded me of the reason I go to Dalyan!!

The 12 Islands trip with Kaunos was excellent, the boat only taking 12 passengers - however, I much prefer the Lady Selya, a slightly bigger boat taking up to 20 people, but with more space per person. Yesil Dalyan use this boat, but were fully booked for the whole week when I planned to go.

The moonlight boat trip watching the meteor showers was fantastic, as was watching the full moon rise across the lake on another trip.

Because of the length of my stay I ate most meals in the cheaper turkish restaurants away from the main drag. However, I had to have a steak at Ramazan Han's - never disappointed when I go there, and I had Yener's special meat balls at Yener's Place - they were absolutely delicious. Also a visit to Fiesta, the fish and chip cafe in the market area and Cagri Pide.

I met lots of lovely people, some of whom joined me for meals and boat trips. They all were enthusiastic about Dalyan and first timers said they would be back again.

The only downside of my long stay was a slight mishap on my bike and having to be rescued by 2 turkish men (that wasn't the downside). My bruises became a talking point, along with the fact that I was hobbling around for a couple of weeks. Swimming saved the day because you don't hobble in the water!

It was a brilliant 5 weeks. I always say that in Dalyan you can do as much or as little as you wish and never get bored.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Hi Dalyanlover! Oo I so envy you being able to spend 5 whole weeks in Dalyan! Sounds like you made the most of your holiday, though I'm sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you're ok now. The first time I went to Hisaronu was 23 years ago when it was just a cluster of small hotels and cafes in a tiny, pretty village - we enjoyed a few meals there whilst staying in Olu Deniz. The second time I went to Hisaronu was 18 months ago when we passed through on the way to Olu again. We didn't recognise the urban sprawl at all! Can't say I ever want to return. We're back in Dalyan at the end of next week and can't wait to show our newbie friends. Especially look forward to doing the moonlight boat trip again. Agree totally with your last sentiment. Have you booked to go again soon?

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Hi Love2Roam,

Normally I would have another 10 days at the end of October, but am having a knee replacement next week so don't know when I'll be able to fly. I shall book up the minute I get the go ahead!

My sister (Cleo41) Irene and her husband Roger went out today for 4 weeks, so look out for them around town. We all met up back in May/June.

Have a wonderful time.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Yes I remember it well :-) Will watch out for Irene and Roger- maybe we'll see them at LTs (or whatever it's now called!) on the 21st. Good luck with the op; I know several people who've had knee replacements and it's very successful, especially if you're already very active as you obviously are. :-)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Dalyanlover wow 5 weeks lucky you,lovely read thanks.

Wish i was there,got Dalyanblues......

Leicester
Level Contributor
273 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Readjusting...!!!

DalyanLover,

Five weeks fantastic and great review.

Never get more than a fortnight and more normally 11 nights ish.

Some of our favourite eateries in Sevgi, Ramazan and Yeners

Quick questions about 12 islands with Yesil Dalyan as we have always gone with Kaunos before.

Are they about the same cost?

Which has the easier access(steps) into the sea?

Assume you would go back to Yesil for your next 12 Islands?

Thanks

Simon

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Hi Dalyanlover,

What a lovely, well written report...it sounds like you had a absolutely fantastic time!

I can't wait till a time when I can spend 5 weeks in beautiful dalyan...i don't think I could ever be bored as there is just so much to see and do :)

Sel

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Hi Simon,

Kaunos was slightly more expensive because the boat only takes 12 people. It was 105tl against 90tl with Yesil.

I prefer to have a bit more lounging space, so would go for the bigger boat.

I think the access via the steps is better on the Yesil boat - those on the Kaunos boat were hinged half-way down and swing when you try to get on the bottom one step.I don't remember the other boat being like that.

Either way, a sailing boat is preferable to the double decker!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Well

I can totally appreciate how difficult it would be to readjust after 5 weeks away, must be terrible! I took 3 weeks off in the summer, spent 16 days in Dalyan and when I returned to work could not concentrate!!

Lovely report, you packed quite a lot in, even wobbling in the water!! CG x

Leicester
Level Contributor
273 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Dalyan_Lover,

Thanks for the reply.

We will chat with Yesil before we book.

Totally agree it has to be a small sailing boat.

Leicester
Level Contributor
273 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Readjusting...!!!

Mental Block - where is Yesil Dalyan office.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations