We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2 Extra legroom seats

england
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Jet2 Extra legroom seats

Just read on another forum that jet2 have removed all their extra legroom seats that were the first ten rows of the plane. they now only have the extra legroom seats at the emergency exits. I have checked my bookings for this year and this is indeed the case. The whole configeration of the plane has changed on their website where you pick your sea, it now just shows standard seats. Really annoyed. we always booked Jet2 purely for the fact that we could book seats within the first ten rows and have a more comfortable flight.Seems cattle class is the only option available and no way round it anymore.

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

The one time we flew with Jet2 we were in standard seating, and it was actually pretty good - probably the best legroom i've ever experienced on recent flights to Dalaman. Presumably not enough people were buying the seats to make it worth while for them.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

Agree with Tidus. We have travelled a few times with Jet2 in standard seating and thought the legroom was really good.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

We have tried both and didn't really think it was worth the extra money as the standard seats are pretty good

Sel

england
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

i always try and book the first row anyway but at least you have made me believe it may not be so bad in standard seating anyway. It may not have been financially viable for them.... well clearly it wasnt, but when i have flown with them, even on shorter flights, the front ten rows were always full. it is a shame because it is removing more choice but hey ho, at least it is not thomas cook who i absolutely refuse to fly with for a long list of reasons, not least leg room.

Hamilton, Scotland
Level Contributor
291 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised with the leg room in a standard seat. It is certainly a lot more than most holiday flights!!!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

Yip agree with last post,flown with jet2 past 2years and yes there is plenty leg room in standard seats,would recommend jet2 we have never had any probs with them.

england
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

thanks for the replies. we travel to leeds when humberside is our local airport to use them so I was disappointed. seems it may be ok. thanks.

Washington
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

I think jet 2 have now reduced the pitch of their standard seats to 28" after the reconfiguration ot their planes and I don't think this is as much as previous posts are suggesting.

England
Level Contributor
219 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

I agree. we flew jet2 in Sept and its the largest Seats in a standard economy we have had. try flying with Thomas cook, that's torture unless ur only 5 foot tall.

congleton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet2 Extra legroom seats

Just received an email informing me that my extra legroom seat is no longer available and they will refund the extra that I have paid. and a free drink..

I'm a big chap and 28inch pitch seems very tight as normal economy is often 31-32inch and I have a real job fitting into one of those! the Jet2 seats are thinner than most so perhaps I will just fit..

'We wish to advise you of a change to the extra leg room seat(s) you have selected for your flight(s) with us. Unfortunately, due to a change of aircraft, the pitch on your seat(s) will now be 28 inches and not 34 inches, as you originally selected. This change of seat pitch does not affect your seat numbers, which remain the same as shown on your booking confirmation.

The standard seats on our Boeing 757 aircraft have been ergonomically designed, exclusively for Jet2.com, to provide the highest possible level of comfort and enhanced leg room, which we believe offers far superior seat comfort to standard seating on many other airlines.'

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations