We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road bike hire in Dalyan

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Road bike hire in Dalyan

We are staying in a villa in Dalyan in August for two weeks. There will be ten of us in total. Myself, my husband and our son( 2years old). my mum, dad and sister. My auntie and uncle and my three cousins.

My husband is a keen cyclist and rides 20 miles a day to work and then does 60 miles on the weekend for fun! ( I dont get it!) Anyway hes looking for somewhere to a) hire a decent road bike. and b) get advice on routes.

He would prefer road cyclying to mountain biking. I think he is going to go out first thing in the morning before the heats gets him.

Also any advice on Dalyan and staying there would be helpful.

Thanks

Kelly

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

I've never actually hired a bike in Dalyan but have seen a number of places around town with bikes outside and signs up saying they are to hire (sorry i cant help with prices).

I've passed lots of cyclists along the road that runs from Dalyan to iztuzu beach and also out of Dalyan in the other direction towards the village of Eskikoy. There are some great books by Alan Fenn which can be purchased online and give suggestions for cycling and walking routes in the area.

Have you been to Turkey before? Be aware it does get extremely hot in August (even early in the morning) and can literally sap you of energy as soon as you go outside!

Sel

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

Thanks for your reply. I havent visited turkey before, i know it will be hot . i think my husband is mad! we are staying in Villa Eanda do you know it?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

Kelly, welcome to the forum! i'm not familiar with that villa but just googled in and it looks absolutely stunning! i am sure you will have an amazing time on your first holiday to Turkey.

There is a search box at the top of the page if there is anything specific you would like to know about Dalyan there are also the 'top questions' at the top right hand side of the page which you can have a browse through!

Sel

PS. I too think your husband must be a bit mad lol ;)

Edited: 12 May 2013, 21:02
N Ireland
Level Contributor
237 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

I too am a keen cyclist generally covering around 200-300 miles a week so wanted to keep the bike fitness up whenever I'm in Dalyan and to offset the calories consumed! I looked for a road bike (drop handlebars) last year when we visited but unfortunately could only find mountain bikes or hybrid type bikes. I had throught of going into Ortaca when we are back in June as hopefully there may be more of a selection there.

I will be happy to report back if I find something suitable and yes we are a mad bunch. Its a bit of an addiction!

Edited: 14 May 2013, 11:05
5. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 15:04
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

hi Kelly,I ride 100mls plus in London each week to work.Turkey is lovely,Dalyan is a great place to stay but Turkish roads and drivers plus cyclist on road bikes are not a good mix!!>go along to Kanos Tours and do a nice of road ride,have fun.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

Hello you replied to one of my posts about bike hire in Dalyan. Did you have any luck with sourcing a decent bike this year?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

I was there last year...I too like cycling..Unfortunately the bikes on hire in the village arent up to much..All Mountain Bikes and of similar stature to a cheap halfords bike...The one i rented was the pick of the bad bunch but its pretty cheap - about £10 for the day...

I have seen some people with pretty good bikes but again Mountain Bikes and have no idea where they got them...Maybe took their own..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

Thanks for your reply. Cant wait to get to Dalyan now. We thought about my husband taking his own but it works out very expensive! will just have to keep an eye out when we are there for decent cycle hire places. Im not bothered I will be sunbathing but I could do with a happy husband.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Road bike hire in Dalyan

There is a bike hire shop at the end of town towards the beach. Down the road that clings to the river at the top of this road is the Sun Ray Bar and a yellow painted restaurant. Didn't notice how great the quality of the bikes were, but would be worth a look.

Lorraine

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations