We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

haggling

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
haggling

Hi guys me and partner booked to stay in fire opal apartments soon with kids and we are wanting to take them to sarigerme beach to do some of the water sports on offer , what we want to know is do you haggle with the price of them or just pay what they ask because we went last year and just paid the boy the price he said lol

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: haggling

Aways haggle, especially if there is a group of you. And you can always wander off from the haggle, and tell them you are thinking about the price. They will always be there later to resume negotiations. Good luck, and enjoy your holiday.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: haggling

Hey murdo thanks :-)

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: haggling

Hey murdo thanks :-)

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: haggling

When in Icmeler last year as a group of 15+ people, the bars and restaurants were keen to get our custom. The guy's out front did offer "special deals" to us...sometime a % discount, other times a free drink or free dessert. Does this happen at all in Dalyan?

I realise they do work hard for their money, but I guess they must factor that in when offering these deals. Mostly we would stay put for the evening, if we received good service/food. Then they would take a fair amount from us with the follow-up drinks.

We will again be in a large group 20+ and wondering what to expect.

Lorraine

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: haggling

Hi Lorraine,

I've never been in a group that size before so can't really answer your question but whenever we've been in a bar all night we've normally had a bit knocked off the bill at the end of the night so I'm sure most restaurants could do something.

One thing I will say is that for 20+ people all wanting to dine together, you may have to book earlier in the day if you want to go to some of the more popular restaurants. That number of people would fill some of Dalyans best eateries!

Sel

Edited: 05 June 2013, 09:16
Stourport-on-Severn...
Level Contributor
301 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: haggling

Hi,

Agree with Sel.

Best to suss things out when you get to Dalyan, I am sure you will be welcomed with open arms in the bars!

As Sel says though the restaurants may well be different as most are quite small so a party that size would either fill it or certainly dominate it. As such you may see that some restaurants wont take a booking or a table for over 8 people - I have certainly seen signs to that effect along the riverside restaurants.

I am sure you will have a fab time and find your own favourite places who will aim to please.

7. Re: haggling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan