We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver wedding whilst in Dalyan. Ideas anyone?

manchester
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Silver wedding whilst in Dalyan. Ideas anyone?

Hi to all the Dalyan experts..

I'd like some advice on 'special' memorable things to do, in or around Dalyan, as we will be celebrating our silver wedding there, later this month.

I was thinking of a trip during the day followed by a great Turkish restaurant at night.

We visited Dalyan some years ago and won't be relying on things being the same. Although that would be nice as our memories are of a fabulously beautiful and friendly place.

If anyone has any advice on boat trips, maybe private ones.? Or road trip out to a great place for half day or so. It would be good if I could pre book as well as we celebrate 2days into our hols.

Thanks in advance.

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver wedding whilst in Dalyan. Ideas anyone?

Would def consider a trip on olive or lemon lounge. either as a day trip or a night cruise on the lake. have a wonderful day

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
706 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver wedding whilst in Dalyan. Ideas anyone?

Villa Gokbel for the night, beautiful place for anniversary

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver wedding whilst in Dalyan. Ideas anyone?

There is a supposedly wonderful place (I say "supposedly" because we haven't made the trip yet!) up in the mountains and easily accessible by car from Dalyan called "Secret Valley" and the Akkaya Garden Restaurant. Check out these two links from the great blogsite Turkey's For Life:

turkeysforlife.com/2011/05/dalaman-akkaya-ga…

turkeysforlife.com/2011/06/dalaman-river-boa…

If you don't fancy hiring a car, I believe the Restaurant will arrange transfers:

www.akkayagarden.com/about-us.restaurant

manchester
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver wedding whilst in Dalyan. Ideas anyone?

Attagul,

this restaurant definitely has the Wow factor. I'm not sure i really care what the food tastes like in a setting as fantastic as this one seems. Marvellous!!! Thanks very much I'm going to try to book this one and will post a review on our return letting others know if the food is equally as good as it looks.

Dartmoor National...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver wedding whilst in Dalyan. Ideas anyone?

If you could hire a private boat a trip from beach to lake is lovely. we hire a boat for our party of 6 we travelled to the beach and stayed for an hour or so then watched loggerhead turtles being fed and ate blue crab bought from a boat vendor. then the captain did a lovely barbecue on the boat then took us on a scenic trip to the lake for another swim.

My son had his thirtieth birthday at the White House. Without us asking they put balloons up around the lounge bar, got a cake all singing happy birthday and Jimmy made him an amazingly coloured birthday cocktail.

Book a table on the roof for a view of the floodlit tombs.The owner and the waiters are lovely, friendly and attentive the setting very romantic and the food fabulous our table strewn with petals we had a memorable time both then and other nights no other restaurant was quite as good !!1

6. Re: Silver wedding whilst in Dalyan. Ideas anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations