We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch Airline

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch Airline

Has anyone flown with Monarch to Dalaman? Do they sell food on the flight? I know they don't provide meals. I would like to know in advance how many sandwiches I might need to buy in the departure lounge for two hungry teenage boys on a four hour flight! Thanks.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch Airline

Even better, why not make up your own sandwiches and take them with you? Much cheaper and you can make whatever you want without being limited in choice ..... and it will be far cheaper!!!

Jak xx

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch Airline

Well they won't pass up the opportunity to sell you something. Even if they don't sell "meals" as such they'll have sandwiches, crisps and chocolate on the flight.

As you suggest yourself, you'll have more choice and lower prices in boots before you take off. I'm with jakkigers though, we usually take our own food.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch Airline

We are flying with monarch and they do meals on board. We have booked them when we booked the flights. As far as I can remember they do sell hot snacks. Boots does a mesl deal which is good value.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch Airline

We are flying with monarch and they do meals on board. We have booked them when we booked the flights. As far as I can remember they do sell hot snacks. Boots does a mesl deal which is good value.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch Airline

Monarch do serve hot meals on board but they have to be ordered and paid in advanced.

Onboard hot sandwiches such as bacon as well a range of cold can be purchased along with afternoon tea and snacks.

I would suggest that you either make sandwiches for the boys at home or buy from the airport where you have a greater choice and if still hungry buy on board as well.

That way you got plenty of food!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
704 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch Airline

H ow can you take your own food through the security in the UK? Has this been allowed again as it was stopped wasn't it

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch Airline

You can take your own food through as long as it's not liquid (over 100ml) and is clearly intended for eating on the flight. We always take snacks for the journey. But beware! I wrapped two cheese sandwiches in clingfilm a couple of years ago and they set the scanner alarm off! They were subsequently taken out of a flight bag and put through the scanner without anything else, and still set off the alarm - much to the amusement of the customs man who told us that it was possible that the density of the cheese, and the fact they were wrapped in clingfilm might possibly resemble semtex! So it might be better to take ham if you make your own lol! I haven't taken cheese rolls in clingfilm since, as I always seem to have something in my bags that set off the alarms. :-)

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch Airline

Hi MummyC

Whatever you do or don't take on the outward flight please be well prepared for your flight home by taking something with you to eat either at the airport or on the plane. Lots of places in Dalyan will make you a lovely pack up, and some even advertise this service specifically for the airport.

Dalaman airport prices are absolutely horrific, and if you've got teenage boys to feed you definitely won't want to be ripped off on your way home!

Hope you have a lovely stay in Dalyan :-))

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
704 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch Airline

Oh right that's good news as my mum wanted to take ham sandwiches and I said she couldn't. Will let her know she can thanks for that

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch Airline

We pre ordered 2 adults and 2 childrens meals on monarch flight last year to turkey, to say they were the worst meals i have have ever had (and i do actually normally like airplane food) was an understatement.

Havent bothered this year, we are planning to have a meal at one of the places within the terminal, probably works out the same price but far more edible and filling.

We noticed only a handful of people pre-ordered the meals on the flight. They do serve snacks and sandwiches etc but at a high price, i think a small tub of pringles was £2.

Have a great holiday x

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan