We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

Cheapest beer is now 4TL for 500cl efes at Turtle Inn, unless anyone knows of cheaper! Full English is 8TL.

The sad news is that Aubergine is to close at the end of the season, and will not be reopening. Nazim has said that it is just not working out. So if you enjoy the food there, you perhaps need to get in over the next few months for those last few meals.

Mx. :|

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

Glad to hear competition is keeping the price of Efes at a more reasonable level but sad to hear about Aubergine. Had a nice meal there when it opened but didn't return simply because there are so many nice restaurants to choose from. Too many, in fact ....... :-)

Leicester
Level Contributor
274 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

Shame to here about Aubergine and Nazim, had some nice meals there.

Murdo, have you tried the Breakfast at Turtle? Has he transferred the high quality from JNN?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

Brilliant news about the 4 lira efes beer...hopefully more places will follow suit and become more competitively priced. Its ridiculous that other places are still charging 8/9 lira!

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that about the Aubergine. We've enjoyed some lovely meals there and Nazeem is a great bloke but I agree with L2R that there are just so many restaurants in Dalyan now...it's overwhelming and impossible to visit them all! We were there in May and Nazeem seemed exasperated when he told us that the building being renovated opposite Aubergine is to be yet another restaurant...

I wouldn't mind if the new places constantly springing up offered something different but they just seem to go for the exact same menu for the exact same price as everywhere else :(

Sel

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

No surprise to hear about Aubergine......and not unexpected with so many good eating places in much better locations...

Breakfast was only 6TL at JNN last year, but even with the bigger and better pemises of the Turtle, the price of 8 TL is still incredibly cheap.....and the price of Efes at 4 TL is brilliant news :-))

Beyaz Gul charged 8 TL for Efes last year making me determined I would never go back there!!

Edited: 21 July 2013, 20:21
leeds, england
Level Contributor
526 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

MM,

Are u sure it was actual Efes at Turtle Inn. We had some drinks there last week and the chaps had the draught beer at 4TL - and swore it wasnt Efes!!!

Sad to hear abot Nazim - had a cuppa with him the week before last and it was so quiet - the new place opposite Aubergine had no customers at all.

Yener told us tourists are down 40% this season.

Janice xx

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

Hi troutie,

just thought I'd pass on the news told to me by friends. I haven't been there to taste for myself... maybe Jimmy is brewing his own!!

I have enjoyed food and a great breakfast there in May along with real Efes.

You said it didn't taste like Efes but you didn;t say that it was un-palatable, 4 lira for a large draught beer is still good value for money. But I do like my Efes. I will give it the taste test myself in September.

Real shame about Aubergine.

Mx

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

Janice, I didn't realise the place opposite Aubergine had opened already! It was literally just an empty shell in May (as was the place on the corner next to Wishing Well which I'm told is now Istanbul Cafe and Bazaar)

My stepson has been going to Dalyan every July for about 6 years and said this year is the quietest he's ever seen it!

Sel

Edited: 21 July 2013, 21:27
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

The beer in Turtle Inn for 4 lira is not Efes! It is a draft beer beginning with a "p" I think. It was ok but not great. The 500cl of Efes was 6 or 7 lira (bottled variety).

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

The beer could be Perge. Not as good as Efes but drinkable.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some good and some bad Dalyan food news...

Oh no, I am really sorry aubergine is closing; its one of our favourite places. The location may be the reason it's not doing so well as the evening footfall is not as busy down that end of an evening. You never know perhaps the 'grey lira' will help come September.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations