We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As a matter of interest

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Scotland
Level Contributor
285 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
As a matter of interest

Does anyone on the forum stay permanently or most of the year in Dalyan, if so what is it like Nov-April with no tourists, I would imagine quiet and mostly closed, but is it feasible and what is the weather like??

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: As a matter of interest

I've never stayed in Dalyan during that time but have spent time in another resort at that time of year ..... tumbleweed blowing down the street, wet and cold (a lot of the houses aren't really built for winter weather), some nice days, some torrential rain.

Jak xx

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: As a matter of interest

Hi faf,

I WISH we didn't have to work and lived out in Dalyan permanently (or at least for a nice chunk of the year!).

We have visited 'out of season' a few times though in mid November and late March/early April and we are very excited to be spending our first new year out there this year!

Personally, I love out of season Dalyan as it is so peaceful and quiet. It's very different to the summer... The main street is largely closed up for the winter for example but there are places which stay open year round and those which cater mostly to the locals and ex-pats so plenty to choose from. Its not for everyone but we enjoy getting out and about in the car and spending time with the locals. Weather wise, we have been very lucky in the past but we are planning on testing our open fire over the new year! Can't wait for cosy nights in with a dvd and a bottle of angora wine :)

Sel

Edited: 06 August 2013, 21:12
Hamilton, Scotland
Level Contributor
285 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: As a matter of interest

Maybe a Euromillions win tonight, I think it actually sounds lovely. Must be better than cold frost and snow!! Thanks again for your prompt response and congratulations on your 'PROMOTION'

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: As a matter of interest

Thanks very much Faf!

It doesn't cost as much as you might think to go out of season but you're normally restricted to flying from either Gatwick or Manchester (sometimes via Istanbul)

If you type new year visit or winter into the search box, there are some previous threads on the subject which might interest you :)

Sel

england
Level Contributor
521 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: As a matter of interest

We have been several times for the New Year and had a great time each visit. We love the atmosphere of the cosy nights round log fires talking, eating and drinking a nice glass of red wine. The weather for us is no different to being in England in October really but it can rain a lot but we have also had some nice sunny days similar to spring here. I think it is nice to be in Dalyan when the tourists of the season have gone and see the place for real and see more local people. Out of season is also fantastic for walking and cycling taking in more of the beautiful flora and fauna of the area with out it being too hot to move. If you look on Owners Direct etc some property owners do rent out over winter. We couldn't get on the flight last year from Manchester it booked up quickly. If you go I advise get a villa or apartment that does have some form of heating it makes it that bit better although we have manage with out in the past but if you get wet it takes ages to dry things. But that was the only down side for us.

Edited: 07 August 2013, 10:34
6. Re: As a matter of interest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations