We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just packed....

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Just packed....

Got 20kg to go at,hit 18.2....how dodgy are the scales at Dalaman airport for my return journey?

On the return from Zante airport I had to tell the checking to zero the scales as they were at 1.5 before anyone put a thing on them!

england
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just packed....

We say this exact thing every time we travel. We are sure the scales are set wrong to start with as we learnt the hard way once at Alicante on a flight home and ended up paying a lot of money to get our case home because they said it was over weight. We had weighed it in the hotel before leaving and it was under for definite. We found out later via watchdog it was something that happened regular at that airport. Good point to remember for our next trip to Dalyan but mostly we come home with far less anyway but we will be looking at the screen next time to see what weight it says before our cases go on the belt.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just packed....

Never in my life have I been able to pack light.....just never happens

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just packed....

Never had a problem at Dalaman, but we take a hand held scale with us. Your return suitcase should be lighter anyway, having used up shampoos etc. Unless you buy a load of tat.

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just packed....

I always check my weight on a spare check in desk. When they see you doing that it never seems to go over weight. Strange eh

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just packed....

Ahhhhh, it's magic

6. Re: Just packed....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations