We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue bottle tops

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Blue bottle tops

So, I asked one of the boat captains about the collections of blue bottle tops that I have seen around Dalyan, specifically the tops from water bottles, collected in larger bottles tied to trees. He said that the producers of bottled water have agreed to make a donation to charity for each one that is collected, specifically a charity to buy wheelchairs. Does anyone know any more about this?

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue bottle tops

We first heard about the collection a few years ago, it's to provide wheelchairs for people with disabilities.

http://www.mydoramac.com/wordpress/?p=14703

North West England
Level Contributor
239 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue bottle tops

Many thanks for this info, I had no idea about this.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
499 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue bottle tops

Oh that explains it. When we were in kas in may they were loads tied to the tree's x

Northumberland
Level Contributor
482 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue bottle tops

Have noticed them by river and our cleaner at Binlik has a bag tied to her cart, good on them.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue bottle tops

Great idea and I do hope the companies involved are meeting this very worthwhile objective. I seem to remember seeing one at the dolmus station. :-)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue bottle tops

Yes,you see these bottle top collections all over the country and yes,the water companies are honouring their promises,many people now have wheelchairs thanks to this on going campaign.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue bottle tops

Argh I can't open the link, is it a specific water company, or all of them? No point in saving up the wrong bottle lids! Ta.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue bottle tops

It can be any blue tops from any company :)

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
766 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue bottle tops

About eight years ago ,while on holiday in Turunc, I saw an old lady re filling water bottles from an outside tap next to her shop. There was a pile of refilled bottles beside her ! Ever since I have checked very carefully the seals on any water bottles I buy or am given in a restaurant ! But hey, it was an early form of re cycling I suppose...

10. Re: Blue bottle tops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2017, 15:30
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations