We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shall I tempt fate?

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
shall I tempt fate?

The answer is yes obviously as I am posting this. We have been here since Thursday & neither of us have had a single nip from a mossie.....we have used sin kov but only just after evening shower. ... we are amazed as last year we tried it all; B1, marmite etc etc and still got a few bites.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shall I tempt fate?

No! Don't do it...

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
622 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shall I tempt fate?

It was the same for me this year, they LOVE me and I take everything going from patches to sprays to tablets of all description but no bites this year. I would love to know if they are using a pesticide or something else in Dalyan this year.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shall I tempt fate?

I thought that too mrs mack, then got a bit careless spraying only round the clothes i was wearing, result 2 big bites on either cheek (obv from overnight) not a good look :(

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shall I tempt fate?

Haha! Nextmrsfisher...trying my best not to snigger here...

I am not going to say anything else on the subject though as desperate not to tempt fate for our hols!

Sel

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shall I tempt fate?

Oh dear, you poor thing, did you need to use a concealer on your cheeks or rush out for a pair of Bridget Jones knickers!! I suffered the same fate myself in Greece, little blighters!! Like you say, not a good look!!

I use a cocktail of Sinkov, Superdrug deet spray and finish off with squirt of Avon Skin So Soft, touch wood, so far so good!! X

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shall I tempt fate?

Oh dear nextmrsfisher I sympathise entirely, last yesr got similar. ...hubby found it hysterical. ...until he suffered a similar experience.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shall I tempt fate?

I have now run out of my Boots super strength mozzie tackle an relying on sinkof, which stings and is virtually useless for me :( covered in bites.... hope you fared better Mrs mack. If anyone gets badly bitten and bites start to turn nasty (as trendys daughter did) the pharmacy at turtle roundabout made a really good job of lancing them.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shall I tempt fate?

Isn't it wierd,was there about the same time as tnmf & our party of four got the grand total of 7 bites between us in 14 nights.

I used skin so soft plus Sinkov the others sinkov only?

All I can put it down to is we stayed at the Binlik & were not so near the river as tnmf.

Happy hols one & all

Edited: 06 September 2013, 08:37
Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shall I tempt fate?

I use Skin So Soft and had only two little bites this year.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shall I tempt fate?

Got a bite on my arm as ran out of sinkov and could only get off.....perhaps the aerosol sinkov woikd be kinder next mrs fisher?

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations