We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

Hi Guys,

We’re coming to Dalyan for the first time on September 20th for two weeks and we want to thank you all for what has to easily be the best forum we have encountered for any destination we have been to over the years.

We must have accumulated the most detailed knowledge of anywhere in the run up to a holiday, so to a question please: -

We like to immerse ourselves in the culture, the history, the cuisine and of course the people of any country we visit and we also like to treat ourselves to one or two really extravagant meals. They must be local country cuisine, preferably with a view, they can be lunch or evening (language clash here, I’m from the South East, therefore it’s dinner and Anne is from the North East and for her it is tea :)).

So guys, help please, what do you recommend?

Dalyan Iz Cafe
££ - £££, Mediterranean, Cafe, Turkish
Efe Bar
£, Bar, Cafe, Turkish
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

Dalyan is flat therefore views are sort of limited to those of the river and tombs on the hills across the river.

As far as the riverside is concerned there are numerous restaurants :

Authentic, freshly made and delicious -" Saki ". You pick your meal from the large chiller (no menu), dont worry, the staff will explain what everything is !

One of my favourites is" Beyaz Gul " - its ideal for a romantic night with excellent views of the lit up Tombs.

If you fancy venturing out of town for lunch (hire car needed), try Akkaya Gardens in the hills above Dalaman. Tree house tables, nice food , they have their own "tropical gardens" and great views on the approach to Akkaya.

Enjoy - but beware..... The Dalyan bug is difficult to get rid of !!

Iain

Mentioned in this post
Saki
Saki
495 Reviews
Dalyan, Turkey
Beyaz Villas
Beyaz Villas
264 Reviews
Dalyan, Turkey
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
west moors
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

will also arrive on 20th if you want something a bit different try the sunset which is overlooking the beach area and the food is excellent and I think of Georgian in origin.They will pick you up and return you to your hotel

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

2 of our most dearest meals were at "Sahil" on the river dead opposite the tombs which we really enjoy. They also do a thing were you order your food then they actually seat you on a boat and serve you and go up the river then come back......but you would have to ask more on that, we only "witnessed" it from our riverside table.

We like Ceyhan also on the river, good food, nice views and nice owner and staff. But also we liked The one beginning with "O" or "Y" just down from "Prince of Kaunos"....end of the harbour, curve in river heading towards the lake......it has tiered seating and near the top it's really cosy and atmosphereic and looks out to the harbour. Son and I shared the 2 person mixed grill, but it's not your usual type mixed grill here. All lovely meats, and basically a taster of the different "local" meats as well as your usual fillet steak. So things like adana kebab, lamb shish, chicken shish, kofte etc etc

Mentioned in this post
Kaunos
Kaunos
960 Reviews
Dalyan, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,549 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

Was it the Okyanus Lara ?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

Hi SJW9,

Welcome to the forum...You're not related to seven of nine are you?...

Now yours is such difficult question with lots of answers. There are maybe two hundred bars and restaurants, all in easy walking distance.

So, I will move on from the extravagant bit...to the good local cuisine bit. Perhaps try 'Pashas' Turkish canteen style restaurant (next to the Chinese)...or for a great lunchtime bite, Hanimeli (next to Green Cottage). Yummys (on the other side of Green Cottage) is also very good for a slightly different value for money great feed. Then of course there is Temsi on Indian Night, and Natural Paradise...all great food, but maybe not with a view. Jiks pub is great for a real cold Efes, pizza and people watching on market day. The list can go on and on.

But whatever you do in Dalyan, you will be hard pressed to get a bad meal. Enjoy. Mx.

Edited: 09 September 2013, 02:25
Mentioned in this post
Natural Paradise
Natural Paradise
331 Reviews
Dalyan, Turkey
West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

Welcome to the forum SJW9. You've had some great advice so far and I can only second what has already been recommended; Saki is great for traditional Turkish food - lots of mezes to choose from and really good quality. Sunset restaurant, situated in the hills just outside Dalyan, has a fantastic view and the sunsets are amazing in September so make sure you arrive at least half an hour before the sun goes down. The menu is very small (on the back of a business card!) but food is delicious and freshly prepared. They have a pick up service - for more details use the search bar above. La Vie offers a fab setting and is probably the most "swish" restaurant in Dalyan. It got mixed reviews last year, but then had a big change of staff etc so take a look at reviews for this year. Akkaya Gardens is a fabulous, special place for lunch, though you will need to hire a car to get there or use their pick up service (a tad expensive IMO) and go for the day; check out their website. As murdo says, you'd be unlucky to get a bad meal in Dalyan. The majority of restaurants serve very nice food, and it's worth seeking out some of the "back street" type authentic lokantas which serve delicious, great value meals - and where you will find locals enjoying the cuisine too. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Saki
Saki
495 Reviews
Dalyan, Turkey
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

Hi Guys,

The quality of replies/info on this forum just blows me away and I’m sincerely sorry to read about the tragic shooting today, unfortunately extreme behaviour knows no geographical or moral boundaries.

Thank you all for your replies and Murdoman – No I am not related to seven of nine? My personal ‘Trip Advisor’ has added the replies to her ‘Dalyan Library’ and I can only say that we look forward to September 20th coming around as quickly as possible

Edited: 10 September 2013, 18:04
8. Re: Great Forum! Dalyan Virgins Question Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan