We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second impressions

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester uk
Level Contributor
484 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Second impressions

So we returned home from our second visit to Dalyan over the weekend, boohoo.

Still as beautiful as we remembered and peacefully good for the soul. There were many more boats on the river which we obviously noticed as we were living next to the new mud baths. I am truely worried about the impact this will have on the wildlife in the river. Everyday, twice a day around 20 or 30 boats from out of the area would visit. One day whilst returning from the beach we passed a massive convoy going back towards the sea, it made the M6 look quiet!

Went to Saklikent gorge which was an amazing day out. Loved Yakapark and the fab lunch and the ruins at ttloss.

Had a rerun of the jeep safari we did last year and was even better! Very very wet, dusty and wet and great food and wet!

Day trip on Lemon Lounge to Ekincik bay. We were made to feel very special and look after by attentive but discreet staff. Food was delicious and the lovely bay where we had lunch was Devine. Did some great snorkelling. Highly recommended.

Market day to Ortaca. Bought the teenager loads of fake crap, got 6 pairs of good jeans, Hoodies , t shirts a Diesel watch, vans a belt for about £120 quid so well chuffed. Didn't get stopped at customs so jobs a good un.

Food was good. Particularly liked Pashas and went twice. Easy, tasty and cheap, not licenced though so you will have to manage without alcohol for an hour or so.

Lime was good, very busy and had to wait for a table but worth it.

White lotus very nice.

Love Atay dosler.

Disappointed with gecit, food very greasy and a bit boring tbh. Also with central cafe, who we rushed back to having enjoyed it so much last year. Arrived at 21:10 to be told we were too late for food. Wasn't impressed that he left us stood in the bar and didn't come to even serve us drinks! His loss..... 5 very hungry adults that enjoy wine with their meals!

Only discovered the best milkshakes that we have ever had in the last few days, good job really as I would have added another couple of pound to my hips! Can't remember the name though, next to Mr cook? Who by the way is now calling himself The Olive........still delivering slow service and not impressed.

Highlights of the holiday......Sevgi Gozleme, the best place on earth.

Wild tortoise at Kaunos

Impromptu tractor bucket ride back from Candir before we all died from heat exhaustion.

Diving down to retrieve a huge type of whelk about 18 inches long in the sea whilst on Lemon lounge.....does anyone know what it could be? We did put him back!

Breakfast twice at Ekin Dip dag....thanks for the recommendations.

Love love love the Turkish hospitality.

Thanks for reading.

Hooked.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
484 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Second impressions

Ps.

Forgot Cagri pide which serves great food, loved the Iskender kebab , just lush!

Also a mention for the little kebap shop opposite who does a delicious chargrilled chicken wrap or sandwich for 5 tl. Huge amount of chicken on them with loads of parsley salad too. We bought these for our flight home.

Wanna go back! Aargh!

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Second impressions

Fab report marzookah :-) Many of my faves are there, with Sevgi Gozleme topping the list. There are lots of tortoises at Kaunos, and we were recently told by friends that they'd spotted one at the top of the hill! Goodness knows how long it took to get there. I'm sure your teenager must have been well chuffed with their new clothes - you'll be taking orders for your next visit lol! So will you be booking again for next year? Dalyan is totally addictive isn't it? :-)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Second impressions

Thanks for posting.Glad you enjoyed your holiday. 9 days to go for us. Looking forward to an Ekin Dip Dag breakfast again. Did you manage 1 each? Soooooo much food!

manchester uk
Level Contributor
484 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Second impressions

Thanks, hoping to visit at Xmas inshallah.

Ekin is a wonderfull place....we managed 3 breakfasts between 5 but with extra boiled eggs!

Have a great time scouser.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Second impressions

fab read marzookah,i didn`t get the chance to visit Cagri this time but have visited in the past absolutely lovely food.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Second impressions

Great read Marzookah - although quite where you put all that food I'll never know :)

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Second impressions

Fab.....can you tell more about your walk into Candir please, what you did/saw there etc....(been already to Kaunos many times, who like to go alittle further) ......it's on my next list to do :)

solihull
Level Contributor
530 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Second impressions

Great report.Here now.So enjoying it.Peace at last.

southport
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Second impressions

Hi we're is ortaca market please hw far from dalyan thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Second impressions

Hi Marzookah, great report and glad you enjoyed your second visit to Dalyan!

Gecit used to be our favourite restaurant but haven't been for a couple of years after a few disappointing meals...I was planning on giving it another try after seeing recent favorable reviews but having second thoughts now :(

Dawn, Ortaca is about 15-20 mins from Dalyan. Market day is on a Friday but you can catch the dolmus any day from next to the mosque square.

Sel

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan