We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Struggling for info!

manchester uk
Level Contributor
520 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Struggling for info!

Hi

Posted on kas and fethiye forums it's so quiet and unhelpful there :(

Please can all you lovely dalyanites that are in the know please help.

We are trying to plan a bit of a tour next year just wanted some feedback.

Family of 4. Fly to Antalya one way.

Transfer to Kas for 4 nights. Take the bus to cirali for 2 nights so we can explore Olympus and the area. Gulet from Olympus to fethiye 3 nights/4 days sailing.

Fethiye one night b&b then dolmus to Dalyan for a week.

Fly from dalaman.

Questions are.....in July how easy would it be to arrange accommodation once there?

Any recommendations for gulet cruises cabin charter. Could we negotiate this trip once there?

Would we need a car or is it doable on the buses? I have found some bus timetables, routes and distances online.....looks easy enough.

Any suggestions for places not to miss or not to bother with.

Thanks x

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Struggling for info!

hi marzookah..

all I can say is your doing your trip a bit backwards and a lot of backtracking.

If I were you I would arrive in Antalya..bus to Cirali for 4 nights..take the 3/4 day boat cruise to Fethiye..and then make your way to Dalyan..

the way you have described is a lot of going back and forth from place to place.

I would book your accommodations for july in advance for all locations and the summer months of july and august are the busiest along the coast

this trip IS doable by bus and you dont need a car

Edited: 20 September 2013, 08:28
Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali
Cirali
Antalya Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Struggling for info!

just looked at your other posts..I would not recommend a boat trip in april..too cold..perhaps bad weather at sea..you would be then better off renting a car at the Antalya airport and then dropping off in Dalaman airport.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…31433844

the weather can be very unpredictable....and dangerous if the seas are rough.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g311311-i11106-k…

tripadvisor.co.uk/…9783528

you would be better off visiting the coastal sites by car or by bus

sorry now confused you asked for July but in an earlier post you mentioned

"Gulet from kas to fethiye

14 September 2013, 13:09

Looking to stay in kas for 3 or 4 days next April and then move to Dalyan."

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman, Turkey
manchester uk
Level Contributor
520 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Struggling for info!

Thanks canmom!

Yes we were originally planning two trips next year but now going with one extended one in July / august.

Good idea about picking a car up in Antalya and dropping off at Dalaman.

Yes, I agree, much backtracking but was advised that some of the most beautiful coast is in cirali area and if we took a gulet from kas we would miss important sites?

Also if we took gulet from Olympus we would miss staying in kas which we really fancy.

Please keep your ideas coming! I really appreciate all your help.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
dorset
Level Contributor
564 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Struggling for info!

I think you should be able to take a gulet just from Olympus to Kas (2 nights), instead of all the way up to Fethiye. The problem with booking a gulet once you are in Turkey is that you sometimes have to wait around until they have enough people before the boat will go. It is the 'luck of the draw'. However, doing it that way is probably cheaper than booking from here.

I agree with Canmom that you want to avoid backtracking. So you could go Antalya - Cirali/Olympus - Kas - Fethiye (or straight to Dalyan).

The buses are easy to use and pretty cheap. Though if there are 4 of you, you may prefer a car.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Cirali
Cirali
Antalya Province, Turkey
manchester uk
Level Contributor
520 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Struggling for info!

Thanks pier21

Hmm, that gulet trip could be an option. Perhaps spend a few more nights in cirali/ Olympus and miss out fethiye. Just thought the trip by gulet to fethiye would be more scenic than the bus! Is it 4 hours drive from kas to Dalyan by dolmus?

dorset
Level Contributor
564 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Struggling for info!

Probably about that. I expect you will need to change dolmus in Fethiye and then again at Ortaga in order to reach Dalyan. Changing is easy, as people in the bus station will help you find the right dolmus. Also it gives you a chance for a loo break, and to buy a snack / drink etc.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
7. Re: Struggling for info!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan