We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Shelter.

Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dog Shelter.

Can you just turn up at the dog shelter and offer a couple of hours graft to help out.? This is on top of going to shelter shop and donating of course.

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Shelter.

The local volunteers are at the shelter on Tuesdays and Saturdays and would welcome help of any kind. I shall be going on an ad hoc basis when in Dalyan next month.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Shelter.

I'll be going to Shelter on Saturday 26th and Tuesday 29th if anyone want to share a taxi and meet the others ? When I emailed Mebrure of Dohakder about doing a 4 or 5 day full days straight up there she said I would have to contact the muincipal/council offices direct about that. She didn't say either what days the man works up there....so all I can do at the moment is go on the inital Saturday and hope to arrange with the man face to face further days like the Sunday and Monday also. But it sounds like I can't do anymore till I get there.

I've asked twice about getting Snoopy in for neutering and jab's and that I would pay, but again that hasn't been answered so I think I'll just have to take Snoopy to the vet for jab's and check up when I get there and hopefully things may fall into place once I've meet the people in person.

So, if anyone going on the dates I've mentioned pm me and we can swap details and prehaps go up there together ?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Shelter.

Hi Lara,

At this moment I am covered in anti-flea powder from my attempts to de-fleck a local Dalyan street dog...without a grooming brush. I will PM the contact phone numbers to help your arrangements for visiting and helping at the shelter. Very good work is now being done here in Dalyan with the help of expats and visitors.

My shorts and trainers are now well and truely fleaproofed...but I am not sure what mrs man will think in the morning when I tell her they need washing again. I look like I have just had a very serious hand to hand argument with a very lively feral bag of cement!

Cheers, Mx.

Ps. Temp now 20C+ at 01:50. Clear skies and sun today 26C in shade. Rain and storms for tomorrow...then more sunshine. Exchange rate 3.25.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 23:57
London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Shelter.

Thanks Murdo......if you happen to see any nice sheets of polystyrene sticking out of bins or outside shops can you nab them for me please, need them to line my kennels :) Sure they can left with someone like Yasmin at Efes, Leon etc. I'll try Beko when I get there they may dischardge from their massive fridge packaging etc.....and may gave the room to keep it till I get there

South Shields
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog Shelter.

Hi everyone my name is Lynn

If you are going to the shelter to help can you please keep an eye out for a small brown and white female dog she has just whelped puppies she has disapeared there are reward pictures around Dalyan town for Millie her photo is on them i am wanting to give her a forever home in the uk.

Please help thank you

6. Re: Dog Shelter.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 15:11
Edited: 06 April 2014, 15:11
7. Re: Dog Shelter.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 15:11
London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dog Shelter.

Hi Lynn,

I have will print off her photo's off FB and certainly take them with me and look when I go.....but I sincerely hope she would have been found by time I get there *fingerscrossed. I wil message you the email adress Victor refers to but also for Mubrure at Dohakder but I guess you already know that one anyway. Bless... if only she knew she had a real owner waiting to give her a home :(

South Shields
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dog Shelter.

Thank you so much for your reply penny has been looking for Millie since a week gone Saturday when she disapeared leaving her 6 puppies to fend for themselves Mebrure has also been looking for her i just thought the more eyes and ears on the case would help. Thank you once again

Lynn

South Shields
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dog Shelter.

Thank you Lara.

I just hope we find her safe and well she is only young herself and has a lifetime of being spoilt in front of her, can you please contact penny if you spot her. Thanks for your support,

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan