We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - part 4

Leicester
Level Contributor
299 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - part 4

Saturday

Morning spent in gardens at Alla Turca, late check out allowed us to keep room until 4pm, a quick early evening meal at Jimmy's Turtle inn watching the boats come in and the sun disappear behind the mountains, was planning to get an airport survival pack from Cafe Yummy but they had to shut for an hour because of owner illness, then back to the hotel for goodbyes and a half six pickup, we had the Dolmus to ourselves apart from dropping off a couple of the transfer's company staff on direct route to airport. Older Dolmus than inbound but driver nice & steady. Airport was very hot again (glad I had gone in shorts) and very busy especially a scrum in the big duty free shop. Flight with Monarch about 25 mins late and a little turbulent. Think we had bought one of the 'Turkish GP dolmus drivers' back with us for the taxi home, also seemed to be playing how many cats eyes can I hit on the M6 & M69! Back home 4am (2am UK time)

Another fantastic week in heaven and as always not long enough. This year was the latest we have been to Dalyan and there was definitely an end of season feel about the town fortunately our many Turkish friends provided a 'Hos Geldiniz'

So now only the thoughts of planning next year's trip to keep me going through the UK winter. Still to do Sunset restaurant and the new Ivy lounge to look forward to, plus a return to our new local 'Efes bar' and all are other favourites.

Will do restaurant reviews at a later date but had excellent meals all week.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
422 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - part 4

have enjoyed reading your reviews Simon1967, thank you

BST

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report - part 4

Me too - I enjoyed all four parts so a big thanks from me. :-)

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report - part 4

me too, thanks.......does anyone know if Yasmine will be staying open during winter ? .....or till the end of October at least ?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report - part 4

Lara - I'm sure Yasmine will be open - she usually does a Halloween party for the kids, after that I think she just opens weekends.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report - part 4

Oops sorry Simon, how rude! Thanks very much for your trip reports - clinging on to each one now as the forum will no doubt go to sleep soon :(

Leicester
Level Contributor
299 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report - part 4

nextmrsfisher1, nothing to be sorry for and glad you enjoyed reading it is alot easier with WiFi in hotel rather than waiting to come home and then domestic and work pressures take over before you can get round to doing reviews.

Forum does go quieter over winter but still the odd post and then some people are out over Xmas & NY.

7. Re: Trip report - part 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations