We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where are the turtles????

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
where are the turtles????

For goodness sake, this is ridiculous. Why/ how did the very interesting discussion about the proposals involving the turtle hospital get deleted. Surely it a destination subject.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where are the turtles????

Well that says it all doesnt it about scratch the surface and all that !!!! It's gone completely :0 ......again probably because it was beginning to show how things truely are......so you get the quick sweep it under the carpet attitude !!!! Only show the world what we want them to see and hear

turkey
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where are the turtles????

Forgive me for being naive but who are we suggesting deletes the posts? Is it not only when comments are derogatory or self-promoting. Someone has to regulate the site surely

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where are the turtles????

Th protect the natural beauty of Dalyan, please let me add this petition here:

https:/…

Sign and spread the word!

solihull
Level Contributor
530 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where are the turtles????

1984 is here Lara Orwell was right.

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
392 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where are the turtles????

Its always the case on TA. Many people were rightly concerned for their safety when the Egyptian situation was at its peak but most of the posts were deleted.

Even on this forum last year comments about the troops being brought in to calm the situation after the bar was damaged in August were censored.

They did not appear to be either derogatory or self-promoting.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where are the turtles????

Absolutely spot on. I had a look at the plans on facebook and the argument against the planned construction. I cannot believe that anyone would think the ridiculous 'turtle' building would blend into a protected area. Kaptan June has a good point when she says that a high tech xray suite is not needed for the 15 to 20 turtles a year that require xrays.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where are the turtles????

I have no idea why this thread was deleted as it was pertinent to the destination. After all, Dalyan and Itzuzu beach were made famous and got their conservation status because of the turtles. I've emailed TA to see if they can elaborate, but I won't hold my breath for answers- which are usually generic. Anyone wanting to continue the discussion can do so on the following thread (which I have copied/ pasted to resurrect if need be, along with this one)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g311315-i4487-k6…

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
392 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where are the turtles????

Surprised this thread has lasted 12 hours!

9. Re: where are the turtles????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan