We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

Has anyone experienced flying from Gatwick to Dalaman with Easy Jet? We usually fly with Monarch or Thomas Cook, and are looking at flying out for a week in April - but flights are expensive. Found a cheaper flight with Easy Jet but gruelling telephone conversation with member of staff who couldn't even say my name correctly despite me spelling it out for her, nor understand my questions.

My worry is that flight looks but cheap but are there any extra charges we may be hit with?

Asked about their flexi fares but no information on prices until January!

Should I consider my stressful telephone conversation to be part of the Easy Jet experience and look elsewhere?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
434 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

We have gone with Easyjet to Dalaman 3 times now and also other destinations with no problems at all. You are best just booking online with them. Very straightforward and a good website to use. The longer you leave it, the prices will only increase. You will notice a few threads on checking release dates for Easyjet flights as we are all keen to get booked early doors for the cheaper rates :)

manchester uk
Level Contributor
517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

We have flown to different locations with easyjet, no problems. Always booked online, very easy.

Luggage is extra. Hand luggage has no weight restriction as long as it falls in the correct measurements.

We don't bother with flexifare. Boarding is much more civilised now EJ has allocated seating!

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

Thank you Dotiainedinburgh and Marzookah. We haven't flown with EJ for a long time, didn't realise they have allocated seating - much better than previously.

Strange thing is that On the Beach have the flights online but they are not showing yet on EJ website.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

I booked our flights to Dalaman for June last week with Easyjet,used them a few times now and had no problems...Our flight on the 19th June return on the 4th July Manchester--Dalaman was a total cost of £228 each including 20 kilos hold luggage plus hand luggage and selected seats both ways, I was very happy with the price,and as previously mentioned the price usualy goes up when the plane starts filling up..

Wendy

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

What dates are you looking at Denise

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

We are looking at Friday 4th to Friday 11th April, start of the school Easter break. I am restricted with my job as a Teacher, so the flights are always more expensive. Monarch and Thomas Cook charging nearly £300 all-in which is madness for one week.

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

Hi Wendy, that's a good price. I can only go in the school holidays so prices are hiked up.

Essex
Level Contributor
72 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

I will only use Easyjet now as I find them much better and more reliable than the others flying to Dalaman. Have never been delayed and much more leg room than with Thomas Cook who I hope never to have to fly with again. On my return from Dalaman to Gatwick in October it was a very new plane and there was lots of room, no reclining seats and no delays so my experiences have all been positive. We now use them 3 times a year to Dalaman and have done for the last 3 years. They do seem to be a bit more expensive sometimes than the others especially in school holidays but I have been very impressed. Luggage is always extra on most airlines now but I have 2 decent sized cabin bags that I fill to the brim so often don't take a suitcase. Would recommend them over other airlines any day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

Just had a look at easyjet for those dates it's 163.74 outbound and 27.74 inbound so that's 191.48 per person that's without luggage.

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
757 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easy Jet flights - any extra surprise costs / experiences

We always try and fly Easyjet if possible and have never ever had any problems and always on time both ways.

Having no weight restrictions on hand luggage is great as it is often heavier than the hold luggage!

As long as you can lift it un-aided into the compartment that is!

We bring sandwiches rather than eat their food but that goes with all the cheap airlines

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations