We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup free zone ?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
775 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
World Cup free zone ?

We arrive in Dalyan at the beginning of the WC. Not a football fan so no great loss our hotel not having a TV . Presume, though, the main drag will have nothing but WC on their TV screens so not a complete escape but hey ho .Please can some Dalyan restaurants declare a WC free zone for us none footballers so we can have peace to enjoy our meal/drinks please ??

England
Level Contributor
379 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Cup free zone ?

We are with you there robtt , some of the riverside restaurants like Calypso and Sevgi don't have TV's but it would be nice to walk around town without the noise from all the different commentators! The Albatross bar is a tv free zone so always good for a drink. We never eat where there is a television going full blast.

bolton
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World Cup free zone ?

Hi Robtt,

I think the time difference will be a major factor.

Not too sure of kick off times in Turkey but I,m pretty

sure they will be in the wee hours.

KF.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Cup free zone ?

You'll be pleased to hear that the first England match kicks off at 4.00am, Turkey time.

Albatross is the only place I can think of too that doesn't have a TV. Maybe Gerda's?

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
london
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World Cup free zone ?

Hate to spoil things but England v Italy now on at 1.00 am Turkish time.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
775 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: World Cup free zone ?

Many thanks Tidus and Pip 1.00am or 4.00am I will be pushing out the zzzzzzzzz's

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: World Cup free zone ?

Cheers Pip, didn't know it had been changed. Pleased about that as it means I'll be able to watch it (no way was I stopping up til 4!).

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: World Cup free zone ?

Most the restaurants along the river are TV free i think, The Beyazgul def don't have a TV. Recommend the Ceyhan and Yakamoz for nice peaceful dinner.

Wigan,Lancs
Level Contributor
202 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: World Cup free zone ?

It will be easy to avoid if you want to.

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: World Cup free zone ?

Don't agree with that Dudek1. You shouldn't have any trouble when you have dinner but every bar will have football on every screen so unless you just stay in the restaurant, your after dinner drinks will be served to the backdrop of football.

(except at Albatross/Gerda's as above)

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
796 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: World Cup free zone ?

If you're English and want a World Cup free zone I'd book your holidays to coincide with the start of the quarter finals :-))

Edited: 19 December 2013, 16:11
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan