We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easiest way to get to kaunos

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
647 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
easiest way to get to kaunos

hi, to get through the winter am planning our Dalyan holiday. Last time we didnt get to kaunos but would love to this summer. Will have our 8 yr old with us who is a good walker but in Aug would liketo go easiest route and at the best time of day. Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks so much

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easiest way to get to kaunos

Get the row boat ferry from the jetty to the left of the Hotel Caria,( take the right turn at the big silver stall in Maras Mah the main road that is closed to traffic in the evening) was 4 tl return earlier this year that's about £1.50

When you alight, turn left and walk for a bit along the village road to the entrance to Kaunos ruins, there is an entrance fee of ???? but it's very little. Whilst walking along there is the opportunity to purchase fresh juice, honey etc. from locals sitting outside their houses. There are no shops in Kaunos, so take water, provisions and start early in the morning before it gets too hot...................... enjoy.

Blackburn
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: easiest way to get to kaunos

just to update the information..the entrance fee last year was 8 lira I imagine it will be the same again this year. There is a small cafe shop at the entrance and a larger cafe shop down the hill (sign posted once inside) and toilets now.

London
Level Contributor
150 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easiest way to get to kaunos

Hi Rboo44

We went to Kaunos this year with our 2 children who are a similar age. We took the rowing boat over as nursecarol has suggested, and once on the other side stopped for a fresh juice, there are a couple of cafes there. There is now a tractor ride you can take to the ruins, which we waited for whilst at the café, the kids loved it - I think the cost was about 5tl each way, and from what I can remember the entrance fee to the ruins was about 8tl. You can buy ice-creams there and I think bottled water, but not much else.

We went relatively early, around 10.00 ish and it was very hot even then, but the trip is something that I would definitely recommend.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
647 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easiest way to get to kaunos

Thats really helpful, thanks everyone. The tractor ride sounds like great fun and easy on the legs!

bolton
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easiest way to get to kaunos

Hiya Rboo,

A word of warning about the tractor. NO SUSPENSION.

Caught it back from kaunos last October. Seemed like a good idea at the time but me having a dodgey back and brother in law having a dodgey hip found out the hard way that the road to the river is very bumpy!!!!!

It hasn't put us off using it in the future but will be prepared next time.

I think it was 5TL one way. Entrance to kaunos was 8TL.

KF

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
647 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: easiest way to get to kaunos

Thanks kingfisherbolton, thats good to know

7. Re: easiest way to get to kaunos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:19