We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st week in april temps/things to do?

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1st week in april temps/things to do?

im going to dalyan in july for 2 weeks but iv found a cheap flight and very cheap accom for the first week in april, who has been in april and what was it like for sunshine and heat? also is it dead? should i maybe head to a bigger resort?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,641 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st week in april temps/things to do?

I've not been to Dalyan in April but most resorts don't open up until the beginning of May. Somewhere like Fethiye may be a better choice as it is a town anis open all year round.

The weather can be very nice at that time of year, warm in the day but it can also rain quite a bit and it gets very cold at night. The sea and swimming pools (if they have actually been filled by that time) will be freezing!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st week in april temps/things to do?

Hi allen j,

We love April in Dalyan and go most years (we'll be out the second week of April this year).

Dalyan is a working town so unlike many other resorts there is plenty open at that time of year with only a handful of places waiting until May to open their doors. The weekly market and the more traditional cafes and restaurants actually stay open all year round.

Weather wise, it is mixed in April with cool nights and a higher chance of rain, but it can also be lovely and warm during the day (18-23 degrees). It's a very quiet and relaxing time to visit, not for everyone but we love it! :)

Sel

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,641 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st week in april temps/things to do?

Ah well now I know Dalyan is open all year :)

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st week in april temps/things to do?

I can only echo what Sel says - whilst Dalyan is very quiet in April, the first flights of the season (arriving over Easter) act as a signal to restaurant owners to start opening up, so you will have a decent selection of eateries and bars to choose from. There's a buzz in the air as business owners bring out the paint and varnish brushes, giving their premises a make over for the new season. They also have more time to chat to you, so you can get to know people. I've been to Dalyan in April about 4 times, and whilst we've had the occasional overcast or rainy day, we have also enjoyed days wearing t-shirts and shorts. The public boat doesn't run in April but you can always get a private trip, and April is the best time of year for exploring Caunos. If you enjoy nature, you'll be delighted by the verdant scenery and wild flowers - especially at Caunos. You won't find everything open in April (eg mud baths and Sahin Turkish Baths) but if you enjoy relaxing, walking and exploring you'll be fine. And you can always hop on a dolmus/ dolmuses to Ortaca, Fethiye or Koycegiz for something different to do. I'll be there this April and I'm very much looking forward to it. :-)

Edited: 17 February 2014, 09:53
5. Re: 1st week in april temps/things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan