We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

18 and 17 year olds

essex
Level Contributor
722 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
18 and 17 year olds

Hi,

Our son who will be 18 is bringing his friend who will be 17 (almost 18) to Dalyan with us this summer. The plan is for them to wander off in the night and go to bars etc (we aren't cool enough to hang around apparently!!). Anyway, I'm just wondering if the 17 year old will be ok to get a beer in the bars? They're both under strict instruction not to get wasted but as the law is 18, I'm not sure how strict it is in the livelier bars out there.

Thank you in advance

essex
Level Contributor
722 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 18 and 17 year olds

Ps...I don't mean for this question to sound like Im allowing them to go out and behave as if they are in Magaluf...just somewhere for them to have some freedom and have 2 or 3 beers at the most (or they will hear about it,lol!!)

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 18 and 17 year olds

Unless the 17 year old looks younger, I doubt they'll have any problems getting a drink. A few years ago I shared cocktails with my then 17 year old daughter who wasn't questioned about age. Although the legal minimum age at which you can drink alcohol in Turkey is 18, I haven't heard of it being rigorously enforced with ID checks etc as in the UK. :-)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 18 and 17 year olds

They won't have a problem, We have been out with people a good bit younger than that and nobody's ever said anything.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 18 and 17 year olds

The law is 18, same as here, but I am sure they will have no problem getting served.

essex
Level Contributor
722 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 18 and 17 year olds

Thank you for your quick replies. Our son has had a couple of drinks with us before and no problem so hopefully they'll be ok on their own.

england
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 18 and 17 year olds

Last year my 16 year old niece and her friend had a few trips up town for a bit of freedom and they had no problem getting served. We used to let them set off an hour before us then we would go meet them later but getting the bill was not what we expected either cheeky monkeys. The boys will be absolutely fine they will have a fab time

Edited: 21 February 2014, 19:26
7. Re: 18 and 17 year olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan