We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Dalyan - dolmus around town

Weston Super Mare
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in Dalyan - dolmus around town

We will be visiting Dalyan for the first time in May and have rented a villa which is in about the middle of 210 Sokak street. Can anyone tell me if that is walkable from there to the main part of town and the riverside, and roughly how long that would take? Also are there regular dolmus' running around and through the town? Dalyan was recommended to us and we are very excited about going there. This will be our second visit to Turkey. Last time we went to Kas and loved it - just a long way from the airport!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Dalyan - dolmus around town

Hi

Take a look at the top right hand box, top questions about Dalyan there you will find maps of Dalyan which may give you some idea how far from town you are staying.

bobbie

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Dalyan - dolmus around town

From there it is only a couple of minutes walk to the river or five minutes to town, to be honest while the Dolmus skirts around town on it's way to the beach etc Dalyan isn't big enough to have a bus service running through the town, it's a plesent stroll from one end of town to the other and you would only miss all the fantastic bars if you didn't walk.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Dalyan - dolmus around town

210 Sok is a long road so it depends whereabouts your accommodation is, but I would estimate your walking time into the centre of Dalyan to be approximately 15 mins. It's a flat walk and the temperature in May will be perfect for walking so it shouldn't tax you too much. As TopCat says, the dolmus will be on its way to and from the beach around that area, but I'm sure it would stop for you if you flagged it down. :-)

Weston Super Mare
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Dalyan - dolmus around town

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. I am liking the 'flat walk' especially after Kas!

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Dalyan - dolmus around town

I,v always thought it would be a good idea to have a dolmus running around the little roads.I get pretty tired running after the O.H.on his scooter.

6. Re: First time in Dalyan - dolmus around town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations