We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
Level Contributor
251 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Airlines

Could anybody who has recently flown with Turkish Airlines confirm their baggage allowance and do you get a meal on-board?

Also do you need to provide Advance Passenger Info?

We booked through Expedia and their confirmation is not very clear.

Thanks

Simon

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airlines

23kg, yes and no.

south lanarkshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airlines

According to Turkish Airlines website (easy to find) the allowances are 20kgs for domestic and international flights.

turkishairlines.com/en-uk/travel-information…

I will be delighted if it is 23kgs. But.....

England
Level Contributor
379 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Airlines

Weight depends on the type of ticket you have ie economy both international and domestic is 23 kg with no restrictions on hand luggage as long as it is cabin sized. Good meals on international flight and all drinks free, on domestic flights you get a cold picnic type meal with soft drinks or tea/coffee. We always try to travel Turkish even with the wait at Istanbul airport we find it less hassle than the charter flights.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Airlines

I've always brought 23kg and fly Turkish Airlines at least four times a year. They are also less strict than others and tend to turn a blind eye to slightly overweight bags.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Airlines

You need to provide advance passenger info to Turkish Airlines. You should be able to find reference number for Turkish and you can add necessary info through their site.

They are not as strict as budget airlines for weight.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Airlines

We just flew Turkish Airlines last month - international to Istanbul then connecting domestic flight to Ankara. Our luggage allowance was definitely 23kg for both flights with unrestricted hand luggage.

Sel

south lanarkshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish Airlines

I received this email a short time ago from Edinburgh office of Turkish Airlines -

EDI.CUSTOMER@THY.COM

To MeEDI.AIRPORT@THY.COM

Today at 3:48 PM

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for contacting Turkish Airlines.

Your allowance is 20kg + 1 piece of hand luggage which can be maximum 8kg.

You may also carry your laptop + charger free of charge.

These are valid for each adult passenger and not valid for Infant passengers.

Kind regards.

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Poligon thy:2013:subat:mail imza:logo-tek-satir.png

Edinburgh Customer Relations

Turkish Airlines Inc. 3/79 Terminal Building , Edinburgh EH12 9DN | EDIKZTK| edi.customer@thy.com

so maybe they are relaxed about allowances but this is their official policy.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish Airlines

Hi,

We always take 23K baggage with Turkish Airlines. Never been questioned. Also one time took a big square carboard box (instead of a case) containing a nest of coffee tables. Again no extra charge. Comfortable seats with plenty of room. Food and drink included....and I tried my best to drink them dry of red wine...but failed! They never refused to replenish my empties.

Cheers, Mx.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turkish Airlines

Hi mossiefeeder, it must depend on what type of ticket you get and who you book through (direct or otherwise) as our confirmation definitely states 23kg. Here is a copy and paste from the e-mail (I've amended the name obviously.)

Sel. 2352116933212 TK1994 meal : Vegetarian Lacto Ovo Meal Free Baggage Allowance : 23 Kg

Although we only flew last month, we did book quite far in advance so maybe they have changed it since then?

Sel

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turkish Airlines

Just flew turkish airlines. No problem with luggage. Basically the same as US.. And yes you get a meal, in fact you get two meals.