We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

A few months ago we booked the hotel calypso plus as it was a great price and location etc we have just had our payment email and noticed they have now called it the hotel calypso so checked into it and they have put us in the riverside hotel, Iv just rang and got someone who lets say didnt speak the best english who said we can cancel if we are not happy and re book but the price is hundreds of pounds more! and they wont put us in the hotel we booked even tho on the email it says we are in the calypso hotel but with the address for the calypso plus? im pure lost off? i think we may end up canceling it and looking at a different area who knows, :(

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

The riverside hotel, I believe is lovely, check out the reviews x

West Yorks
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

That's rotten luck. I've sent you a PM. :-)

Burntisland, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

Who did you book with?

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

Allen J

The riverside hotel is a lovely hotel, not as posh as the Calypso Plus, but I am sure you will like it there. Its on the River Path, just a bit further from the town than the Calypso & at one time was managed by the people who now run the Calypso.

I am booked in there for this saturday, & I know there are many repeat guests.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

Bobbie had a lovely trip there last year.:-)

bolton
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

Allen,

It's only a bed at the end of the day.

If you want to stop in one location and not budge out or explore,then that's fine.

Bear in mind you can go into any hotel and use their facilities, i.e. pool,bar, snacks etc.

Stick with it and vent your grievances with your booking company.

You'll enjoy yourselves no matter where you stay.

KF.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,304 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

Lol turkOfile :-)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

we booked with alpha rooms, im just angry they have done it on knowingly as when we booked it my partner said he knew what would happen and it did, i will keep up my complaint and contact trading standards and ABTA and see what they say, its in the email the correct address but on the phone they wont let us stay there and want more cash if we do grrrrrrr

Leeds
Level Contributor
57 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

You don't say when your holiday is? The riverside used to be called the "calypso" but the leasees decided to build a new hotel about 100 mtrs further down calling it the calypso plus.the original calypso then changed it's name to the "riverside" (where I often stay). As far as I am aware there is no commercial connection between the two hotels.the calypso plus is ,of course,a new build where as the riverside not {and would be rated so.). my advice would be to phone or email alp (the riverside manager) and ask if he is aware of this change

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too good to be true :( hotel cancelled :(

we fly the 1st of july for 2 weeks my partner emailed the calypso plus and no booking there so im assuming there is a room at the riverside for us, but it will be getting cancelled and as i very much doubt ALPHAROOMS will do the right thing so we will end up getting our money back complaining to as many places as we can :)

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations