We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere special?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere special?

Hi all

Looking forward to our first trip to dalyan next weekend and have already picked up some invaluable info on this forum

It's my wife's birthday on the Thursday and am looking for something a bit special, with nice traditional Turkish fare and views of the river, even if we have to push the boat out a bit

Any suggestions?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere special?

Hi Pablo,

I am not really comfortable recommending somewhere as there is always the risk that it may not be to your liking. I would offer one piece of advice though, wherever you choose, tell the restaurant that it is a special occasion and they will go all out to make it special for you, they will even get a cake for you if you wish. We recently celebrated our 40th Wedding anniversary in Dalyan, I went to the chosen restaurant and picked the table I wanted, they went to town decorating it for us and even provided a little surprise that we didn't expect. Wherever you choose, I hope your wife has a night to remember.

Mx

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere special?

that sounds like a good idea, id do that myself but they may wonder what 2 dudes are doing with a decorated table :)

1 vote for the above answer :)

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
178 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere special?

How about 'midnight' cruise on the new Ivy Lounge? www.ivyloungedalyan.com - not been myself but have heard good reports about the other boat - Lemon Lounge.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
704 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere special?

There's a lovely restaurant just past Sunray ( there's a board outside that says no loud music, no English brekky etc) They have one table that you can reserve right on the edge of the river, it's a table for two overlooking the rock tombs. It is very romantic and the food is good. Sorry I can't remember the name of it but someone on here will know I'm sure.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere special?

Beyazgu is the restaurant your thinking of vonone. I was also going to suggest there, as nice setting overlooking the tombs.

Can read reviews here tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g311315-…

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Somewhere special?

Yes - the Beyazgul (White Rose) is the one I was thinking of. Perfect setting and food very good (but alcohol dearer than most places).

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
704 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Somewhere special?

Thank you I knew someone would come up with the name. I think it's a lovely setting for a birthday meal even if the drinks are a bit more than elsewhere. You must book as soon as you can as it is popular for the romantics and people in the know

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Somewhere special?

By all accounts the ivy lounge is a special meal floating on the the river /lake eating great food

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Somewhere special?

Hi Pablo

2 years ago we celebrated my Mums 65th birthday at the Patio. We ordered a leg of lamb which was lovely.(You need to order in advance). As they knew it was a special occasion the got a cake and decorated the table with flowers. It is just a little further up from the river.

Hope you have a lovely time, where ever you chose.

10. Re: Somewhere special?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations