We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was it fate ?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
758 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Was it fate ?

Off to Dalaman airport in four hours for flight back home. We were musing in Gerda's cafe this morning about coming back in September but the flights were on the expensive side and we were seriously considering Minorca . Within minutes I received a mailing from Jet2 to say they were reducing flight costs today to cheer us up after the England defeat last night. So had a look and hey oh a saving of @£115.00 and we have booked for Turkey again.how weird that happened like that,

We have had a lovely two weeks ..probably our best hol in Dalyan. Found a lovely new, for us , cafe called Mavis Bonjuk. Super food at a really competitive rate. Two cruises on the Lemon Lounge boats and lovely food on a return visit to Ramazan Han. Last but not least some new specs from the new Optician.

Our kids will groan and say there are other places in the world to visit but Dalyan is that little bit special

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Was it fate ?

So glad you had a fab holiday and got your bargain in the nip of time :-) Now you can look forward to another great holiday in an extra special place. Have a safe journey home. :-)

Somerset,UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Was it fate ?

Hi Rob

Happy days

From your description of your holiday I take it your the person I was chatting to on lemon lounge yesterday.... Didn't get to say bye as was paying my bar bill

Safe flight home and may see you in September

Somerset,UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Was it fate ?

Hi Rob

Happy days

From your description of your holiday I take it your the person I was chatting to on lemon lounge yesterday.... Didn't get to say bye as was paying my bar bill

Safe flight home and may see you in September

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Was it fate ?

Hi Robtt.

Just out of interest and for the benefit of MrsMann. Did you find your specs a good buy? We looked in the window in May, but she didn't have her prescription so thought it wasn't worth enquiring. She wears varifocals but has the extra thin lenses. She is wondering if it's worth bringing her prescription with her in September?

lincoln
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Was it fate ?

We would also be very interested to hear about the opticians.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
704 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Was it fate ?

I know lots of people from the UK take their prescriptions to Ortaca for glasses as they are so much cheaper. I'm taking it there is now one in Dalyan? If so I'm sure it will be cheaper than the UK. Same with dentists.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Was it fate ?

Hi Robtt , Where could we find the lovely lady Mavis ?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Was it fate ?

Just opposite Firats and next door to Ali Babas in the precinct.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Was it fate ?

We looked at the optitions and they offered free eye test.£79 for varifocals was amazing but we spotted the shop to late to take advantage.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
265 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Was it fate ?

Where is the optician located? I think I read before it was close to cafe yummy?

Does it take them long to make the glasses up?

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations