We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa- one hour to reply?

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
630 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visa- one hour to reply?

Last Friday I decided to apply for my visa on the official site. All seemed easy enough, at the end of putting my details in, I was told a e-mail would arrive, click on link to pay- on Sunday morning at 9am I received my e-mail, unfortunately I was out for the day and you only get an hour to reply then you have to start all over again. I reapplied on Sunday evening and still no e-mail. Has anyone else missed their original e-mail or had trouble with getting their visa.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

Hi -have you seen this recent thread? Post No 8 onwards. Maybe you're experiencing the same problem?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g311315-i4487-k7…

London England
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

Hi, I've tried 4 times no luck,husband twice but at the third attempt his worked(btopenworld).Mine was BTinternet.Luckily I found people on a site saying BT emails were the problem. I'm now going to try with a gmail account fingers crossed.Hope you can make it work or get someone with different e/mail to try on their pc. If that fails be aware that Turkish Gov have stated that up till Dec 2014 you can still get it at the airport,but I've heard it can be a long queue and twice the price. Good luck.

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
630 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

Thanks guys, I missed that thread and I do have BT internet, so I shall try with my works computer.

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
156 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

I had the same problem of not receiving the email and I'm on btinternet. So I attempted to log in to a previous application on the site and my visa was there ready to download. So I printed all my visas without getting the emails, two days later my emails did arrive.

Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

How much are they please have they gone up from £10 pounds x

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
693 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

I'm sure it works out £12 odd. 20USD

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

Visas for UK passport holders are $20 which generally comes out at around £11.50 plus any bank charges and dependent on the days exchange rate. Visa on arrival (available until end of Dec 2014) cost £20

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
630 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

I used works computer, and got e-mail straight away. so im now ready to go-its a pity U have to wait till September :(

Edited: 30 June 2014, 05:13
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

Just returned from turkey the evisa is £13 and paying in the airport is now £20 the queue for the evisa was a lot longer than paying on arrivals

Edited: 01 July 2014, 11:58
Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa- one hour to reply?

Yes by Kazquig - after you queue to buy your visa on arrival, you then have to take your visa and passport and join the other queue anyway!!

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan