We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 island tour recommendations

London, England...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
12 island tour recommendations

I have been doing lots of searches regarding 12 island boat tours & we would love to go on one of these in August. We would like to go on a small sailing style boat, not a large party boat. I know there are lots of companies that offer this tour, but would be greatful for recomendations of companies that others have actually used which offer the sailing boat trip. I'm a bit nervous of walking down a street in dalyan & choosing a tour from a board without knowing anything about the company or others' experiences especially as the people selling the tours will not necessarily be the people crewing the boats etc. any recommendations & descriptions of the trips would be very welcome. Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

They all offer pretty much the same thing. Full day on the boat. Collect from your base, around 30 or so max on the boat, maybe less. Lunch, cold drinks, complimentary snacks, swimming snorkelling etc. I will give you my personal recommendation. Go to Yesil travel on Maras Cd, just up from the PO on the same side and ask for David. we have done the trip with him several times and we have never had anything to complain about. They use a boat called The Lady Selya, you can google it by name. I think they go on Fridays this season. Whoever you choose you will have a great day out.

west moors
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

contact volkan in yummys or next door takes about 10 people and will give you your best ever trip

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

I'll endorse Iain M's recommendation of Yesil Dalyan. Choose the sailing boat trip rather than the double decker. Numbers are limited and it's a lovely trip which I've done several times. The boats are fully insured. Either David or Ahmet at Yesil will give you all the information you need. Yesil Dalyan is a few shops up from the Post Office on the same side.

London, England...
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

Thanks guys. We will check out the Lady Selya. If anyone has any other recommendations that would be great :)

5. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:35
6. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:35
Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

Try Gunay1. It takes 12 people max. They collect from hotel about 9am you are met on quay by Ramadan who speaks good English, as does the captain. Fruit available all day with a lovely lunch, then afternoon tea. I was stuffed. The boat is lovely with loads of room and they used both main and jib while sailing. They also found quieter bays so you weren't anchored next to double deckers pounding out loud music.

Definitely one of the best days of my holiday. I will be back next trip to dalyan.

Turkeygoceksailing.wix.com/gunay1

Hampshire
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

I have also used Yesil Dalyan on the Lady Selya.

Not too packed, very good crew and excellent food.

Steer clear of the ice cream boat thought.....More expensive than Dalaman Airport...lol

We have been on this trip four times in the six years going to Dalyan. Like to have a year off between trips as we found it not so good two years on the trot.

I also use the Yaz Yelli boat for private trips, a chap called Volkan....loads of fun on a small simple boat.

Doncaster, England...
Level Contributor
101 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

I'm in Dalyan right now and we did the trip yesterday. I asked all the operators specifically for a sailing boat with no more than 16 people on it. I knew it would cost more but i knew it would be better. I booked with Brilliant Tours for the Lady Selya. They assured me there would be no more than 20 on the boat, there were 33! Seriously unimpressed as I paid 120 tl each and other operators do it for less. So be warned, if you go on the Lady Selya you may not get what you are paying for.

10. Re: 12 island tour recommendations

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 19:37
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan