We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

Hi

After doing some research on this fab site, I would like to take my family to Akkaya Garden. Does anyone know how much a taxi from Dalyan to Akkaya Garden Restaurant would be?

Many thanks.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

Hi Harry. Akkaya Gardens is a fab restaurant in a delightful setting. To make the most of it, I would recommend going for a late lunch so that you can enjoy exploring the landscaped gardens. Eating in one of the "storks nests" is a real treat - unless you suffer from vertigo lol! I'm afraid I don't know the cost of a taxi, but I should imagine it would be about the same as (if not more than) the restaurant's own minibus transfer service which is about 90TL. Other alternatives might be to share the cost with another family/ friends, or consider hiring a car for a day or two. Car hire is cheap in Dalyan, though of course it does mean holding back on the Efes... :-)

Tonbridge
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

It's an amazing place. This year we were lucky and enjoyed a boat rip on the lake it's absolutely beautiful about 20 minutes on the boat which takes you through a gorge where you see lots of wildlife onto a small beach where there is a restaurant canoes that can be hired we spent a pleasant two hours there warning the water is very cold but very refreshing. The cost was 200ytl we were lucky to be able to share the cost with another family wod definitely do it again

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

Thanks very much for all the info folks :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

We stayed at Akkaya a few years ago and enjoyed the trip on the river, albeit the boat was a wreck and the man made beach area was still being developed so was very sparse. The setting of the restaurant is lovely amid the tropical garden and eating in the Storks Nest is good fun. Food is decent if not totally memorable. A taxi would cost approx 80-90 lira ( close to Dalaman so using that as a guide price).

I believe there is also a horse riding centre in the complex.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
669 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

Hiya do they alway run the lake boat trips? That sounds lovely

Tonbridge
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

We went for breakfast and asked the editor about a boat trip we were lucky and another family had also asked that day so we could share the cost which is 200ytl per boat which takes about 20 people the boat is very basic. The scenery is beautiful take swim costumes etc and you can spent a few hours on the man made beach which has plenty of sunbeds plenty of shadey spots etc and a restaurant with a very limited menu

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
669 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

Great thamks for the info

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

Lunch at Akkaya restaurant today was superb and half the price of a meal in Dalyan. Sat in one of the high nests so cooler and surrounded by natural habitat.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
434 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

They have their own website with lots of info - http://www.akkayagarden.com/. We drove through and had lunch while out to Dalyan in May and sat in the one "high" spots. It was beautiful but we kept having to move round the table as the sun kept breaking through the tree. I'm not keen in eating in direct sunlight. I would possibly pick the pod underneath next time. All the Turkish people were at ground floor level :) Would go back, as the setting is lovely. Didn't do the boat trip but saw the signs for the horse-riding.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
704 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi to Akkaya Garden Restaurant

If you want to do the lake trip call and book the day before as the captain is not always available. I have taken two lots of people up there in the last 2 weeks, they all loved it. I always use ercak next door to Leon's bar to take us and bring us back. Depending how many people there are cost will be 15 or 20 lira per person. I'm here till Middle September if anyone would like me to organise trip for them.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan