We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dalyan toilets

durham.north east
Level Contributor
449 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
dalyan toilets

Having been to different parts of Turkey many times,we have always been asked to use the bins in the bathroom for toilet paper...I have been told however that for Dalyan you can flush paper down the toilet no problem as the" pipes" are wider.Can someone please verify if this is true.would hate to do the wrong thing.....

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dalyan toilets

I have a property and flush paper, no problems. Dalyan has a modern sewerage system which appears to cope with normal flushing!

On the other hand, you do still see signs in some bars and restaurants to use bins. I don't know if this is something to do with the property itself, or perhaps the owners don't quite believe that it's OK to flush, or just want to minimise the chance of having to get a plumber out.

Basically if I see a sign I obey it. If there isn't one, flush away.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
434 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dalyan toilets

There are a vast majority of properties in Dalyan which are not connected to the main sewerage pipes and use a septic tank. Easy to spot as the tank lumbers its way along every so often draining from each property's tank. We also own a property and even after 10 years ours has not been connected to the main pipes. It is not the fact that the pipes are too narrow, it's the fact that everything sits in the septic tank and if it's toilet paper - or anything else - it is difficult to get this removed. Hence the reason you should put it in the bucket as requested. It costs the owners more money to get the tank emptied if it is full of said problem items! We are also not allowed to use bleach in the toilets or in the showers as this is also detrimental to the tank. It's basically about where the property is situated. Dalyan has expanded very much over these 10 years but when the property was initially built, it was in a cotton field which is why there is no connection to the sewerage system. It will be connected at some point but there appears to be no great urgency to change these things.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dalyan toilets

Mains pipes were laid to much of Dalyan about 3 or 4 years ago, so as mentioned, some properties (inc hotels and restaurants) are now on mains whilst others still use septic tanks. DOTIANEDINBURGH, it may be possible for you to be linked to the mains system if you ask the belediye. When they laid pipes in our area of Gulpinar, we had to request (along with our neighbours) that we be linked in, and if I remember rightly it cost us about 200TL. If you use a property maintenance company they may be able to help - Dalyan Select sorted ours out. :-)

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dalyan toilets

Thanks for the info. We don't actually have a property company as such looking after ours but the lady who looks after ours does stay in the same street. Will maybe get her to investigate for us. To be honest, it's never been a problem for us or any of the neighbours. Plus, not sure how efficient the Ortaca belediye will be now the Dalyan belediye no longer exists :)

5. Re: dalyan toilets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations