We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Visa procedure.

Bangor
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
New Visa procedure.

Off to Dalyan again Mid Sept. Can anyone inform me how the new visa system works and do you still have to present it at the relevant desk. We have printed our visas but two of our party have been informed by a Thomas Cook branch that all they require is some form of reference. I have serious doubts regarding this information

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Visa procedure.

Razor you just go straight to the passport control desk. We had our electronic visas with the passports but they didn't even look at them, when they scan your passport it will show you have the visa. To be on the safe side I would take along a physical copy. If all else fails you can still get your visa at the airport however the cost would be £20 instead of £10.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Visa procedure.

Have the two people been to Turkey already this year? If so, they will not need another visa!

West Yorks
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Visa procedure.

Hi RAZOR48. All UK citizens need a Turkish visa, the official website to buy them through being;

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/

You will pay much more if you buy through other websites, or if you pay on arrival at the airport. Turkish visas are priced in $US but converted to £Sterling by your credit/ debit card issuer, the average cost being £12-£13.

Although not always asked for (your passport info on the system should show that you have a visa), your visa should be kept with your passport - we were asked to show our visas in June. So I think TC's advice is dubious. Even if you are making a repeat visit within the 180 days allowed on a visa (which we were), you may still need to provide evidence that you possess one. It just isn't worth the potential hassle to not keep it with you.

The on-line application procedure is very simple, and you can find further info in the Top Questions, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to come back to the forum and ask. :-)

Bangor
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Visa procedure.

Many thanks for that Yorkie. Am not sure why Thomas Cook are giving out the fact that all that is needed is some form of reference No. Maybe they are trying to describe the fact that the visa is recorded on the passport but are not doing a great job so will advise other members of the party to ensure they print out a hard copy of the online visa.

Bangor
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Visa procedure.

Thanks for your reply. The individuals have not been before. I think Thomas Cook may have been trying to describe the fact that the passport when produced will tell that you have purchased a visa but have not done a great job in doing so. We will take a hard copy as backup.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Visa procedure.

Razor 48. Like the other posters, I took my paper copy of the visa with me. I was not asked to show it, but it was there just incase.

Will be returning again in September, so will again take the paper copy with me.

IMO These travel agents do not know what the right hand is doing, never mind the left. You will get better information on here than from any Travel Agent. Just my opinion of course.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
141 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Visa procedure.

Hi Razor

Went to Dalyan in May this year with the new visa.Entering no problem but ourselves and all the people in the queue in front of us were asked to produce our visas on leaving Dalaman for Manchester so keep your paper copy handy.Did not see the point of this myself but there you go.

8. Re: New Visa procedure.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations