We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Dalyan

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Dalyan

We are hoping to travel from Belfast to Dalyan (our 1st time to Turkey) on 24th October but I am not sure what the weather is usually like that late on in the season - and whether everything will be open! Does anyone know about the weather? We like the sun, peaceful beaches, nice scenery, good restaurants and a little bit of shopping! Or would we be better going to Olu Deniz or somewhere else near the coast to avoid rain?

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Dalyan

Dalyan's not exactly far from the coast. The weather in October should still be pretty good, although you may get the occasional storm. Things will probably be winding down, but, with a short season, everyone will stay open until the charter flights stop going to Dalaman at the end of October.

2. Re: Weather in Dalyan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2006, 10:42
Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Dalyan

Never been to Dalyan that late before, would imagine it is very quiet. We just returned on the 30 Sept. and it was really quiet then, but don't let it put you off, the place is fabulous, lovely people, great restaurants and no hassle. The beach is lovely and is a 40 minute trip by boat or approx 25 mins by dolmus, although there are usually a lot of wasps around. Prepare yourself with the local Synkov to prevent mozzie bites, works a treat, we didn't get bitten once. The best restaurants are Ramazan Han, Safran, and a couple of traditional Turkish restaurants by the bus station and market, Pide Pizza and Atlay Dostlar Sofrasi, excellent. For a drink at night before dinner, try Cafe Blue Bar if its open, the lovely Askin, Lisa or Engin will take good care of you and its great for people watching. Enjoy your trip. Wish we were going too.

ESSEX
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Dalyan

I am off to Dalyan on Friday 13th (fingers crossed) 3rd time this year ...friends who live there say weather good but not unbearable,still that will suit me...staying at ASUR hotel again which i found to be first class when there in May, Plenty to do and see even if the weather does take a turn from the norm...you'll love it there...

Dalyan
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Dalyan

Another site on Dalyan is www.dalyanholiday.co.uk

edinburgh
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Dalyan

I was in Dalyan last year at this time - perfect weather - not too hot, the evenings are a bit cooler, so a jersey is a good idea for night time There are loads of restaurants and bars that have great food there is a restaurant near the edge of the village called Caretta Caretta you can sit at the rivers edge overlooking the tombs, food is superb. The scenery,itsuzu beach is beautiful. Hope you enjoy

Sarajevo
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Dalyan

HI. Was anyone in Dalyan in the second half of November? I will be in Istanbul next week, so since I am there I wanted to see other parts of Turkey as well i.e. spend Thanksgiving there but the weather does not look encouraging, or am I wrong? I would not like to rest, but not spend whole day in the hotel. Perhaps I should postpone the trip until spring... Thanks.

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Dalyan

This year the storms coming across the Atlantic seem to have moved further south than normal (as they do from time to time), so the Mediterranean countries from Spain to Turkey are suffering heavy rainstorms already. The weather can often be fine around Dalyan in November, but this year I'd wait until the spring to go there.

edinburgh
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Dalyan

I'm going to Dalyan on 30th Nov. Tried a couple of hotels but they are closed for the winter. Does anyone know of open all year hotels

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Dalyan

in response to hotels staying open. We stayed at the Binlik in September and as far as I'm aware it is open all year round, very nice, clean and well situated. Also not sure if the Metin is open too. Both have web sites which you can get from www.dalyan.co.uk.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations