We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance to Al Aqah beach from Dubai/Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Distance to Al Aqah beach from Dubai/Abu Dhabi

I'm planning a trip to Al Aqah beach and plan to drive from Abu Dhabi on a Thursday evening. All the information suggests this is a FOUR HOUR DRIVE! Is this true? It also suggests that it is only a 90 minute drive from Dubai airport. Is this true? As I can drive to Dubai in little over an hour, it makes more sense to drive to Dubai, then across to Fujeirah... Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance to Al Aqah beach from Dubai/Abu Dhabi

There is a recent review on The Rotana Hotel at Al Aqah where a guest states the journey to Dubai took 2 hours and 20 mins. This could be due to the major road works between Masafi and Dibba where there are many diversions in place.There is the "new" Sheik Khalifa highway that runs from Sharjah to Fujairah that alleges to take 45 minutes and this would bring you to the south of Fujairah and you would then have to make your way up to Al Aqah beach. Being a Thursday evening, 4 hours from Abu Dhabi would not surprise me.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,259 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance to Al Aqah beach from Dubai/Abu Dhabi

Al Aqah beach is in Fujairah, 140 km by traditional (old) route and a bit less by the new road. Dubai is 160 km from Abudhabi. You can figure it out.

NYC
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance to Al Aqah beach from Dubai/Abu Dhabi

I am warning everyone - DO NOT USE Rotana Jet!

I stupidly followed someone's advice and booked online a flight with Rotana Jet from Abu-Dhabi to Fujairah and they cancelled the flight without notifying me! I went to the Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 2 where Rotana Jet supposedly flies and was notified that the flight was cancelled. My entire vacation was ruined. I had to deal with the hotel cancellation in Fujairah and checking back into a hotel in Abu Dhabi. I was duped. I am still trying to get my refund for 600 dirhams I paid for 3 tickets. The best way to reach Fujairah from Abu Dhabi is to take a cab and AVOID ROTANA JET which is a BIG JOKE.

NYC
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance to Al Aqah beach from Dubai/Abu Dhabi

Most importantly, Miramar Al Aqah reservations staff in Fujairah was very understanding and issued me a full refund without a penalty. I hope to visit Miramar hotel in the near future. Their professionalism, follow ups, etc. impressed me a lot!

5. Re: Distance to Al Aqah beach from Dubai/Abu Dhabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fujairah