We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flighseeing - Do Glacier Landing or Not?

San Francisco, Bay...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Flighseeing - Do Glacier Landing or Not?

Hi All,

For the Glacier Landing we are not getting the TourSaver buy 1 get 1 free coupon. So we will have to pay around $550 bucks for 2 people.

However we are getting a buy one get one free deal without glacier landing. This is the Summit tour which will fly around 8000 feet above & will cost $280 total for both of us. The tour saver book is $100 so we will be saving around $200

We are going to Portage Glacier & Exit Glacier. Would we be missing a lot if we dont do Glacier Landing? If Glacier landing is a MUST Do activity then we will deninitely do it. Looking for suggestions

Thanks a lot!

June

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
862 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flighseeing - Do Glacier Landing or Not?

We did the glacier landing last year. For the money spent...its 100% worth kicking in extra for the landing.

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flighseeing - Do Glacier Landing or Not?

Pewter45,

Thanks-we plan to do both!

Thanks,

Casa

hampton south...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flighseeing - Do Glacier Landing or Not?

tell me where to get the buy one get one deal?, there will be three of us in late July.

Thanks,

Frank

Seattle
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flighseeing - Do Glacier Landing or Not?

Juniper,

Which flight did you end up doing and how was it? I am in the same predicament.

Ruma

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,516 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flighseeing - Do Glacier Landing or Not?

Ruma, welcome to TA. Though you did well to research and find another thread on your topic, this thread is two years old and very likely the original poster is not even monitoring it anymore.

I did the glacier landing flight last month and it was really nice, in spite of fairly cloudy weather. Would I do it again? Sure. Would I do a summit flight instead? I would like to try that too.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

For me, unless I have a Toursaver coupon for 2-for-1 like I had last month, I would not book in advance but I would wait until I arrive to see how the weather is. I would probably not go again if the weather was as cloudy as it was when we went. I still thoroughly enjoyed it and was glad I went - I just would not do it under those conditions a second time. And you can't cancel just because it is cloudy. If they are operating, you go!

John

16. Re: Flighseeing - Do Glacier Landing or Not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 08:16