We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House of 7 Trees or Northern Guesthouse?

Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
280 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
House of 7 Trees or Northern Guesthouse?

I'm looking for a clean, quiet, inexpensive place to sleep in Talkeetna for one night next June. We will be arriving well into the evening after an active day and long drive. The next morning we hope to take a flightseeing tour and then driving on to Denali so won't be spending much time in the lodging.

Has anyone had a recent stay at House of Seven Trees Hostel or Northern Guesthouse? The price is right. We have never stayed at a place with shared bathrooms before but willing to give it a try. Most important is cleanliness. Any black-out curtains at either place?

Alaska
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House of 7 Trees or Northern Guesthouse?

I stayed at the House of 7 Trees several years ago and found it to be comfortable and clean. I recall using the shared bathrooms and found them to be clean. The place is an historic building and has been remodeled extensively over the years. You will want to stay in the main building and probably not in the 'Bunk House they have in the back. You are right on Main Street, in the middle of Talkeetna. This will be convenient getting around. I cant remember the room layout, but you might ask for a room that is facing the 'back alley', probably a little more quiet. Its a cute place and the owner is a long time Alaskan with loads of interesting knowledge. I am not familiar with the other location you mentioned.

Happy Travels

Alaska
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House of 7 Trees or Northern Guesthouse?

Northen Guest House is fine as well as 7 Trees. At Northern Guest House you do have your own private bathroom, although it is down the hall from your room. However, you are the only one to use it (you have a key for it). Not sure about the black out curtains. I would recommend taking an eye mask anyway.

3. Re: House of 7 Trees or Northern Guesthouse?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2010, 07:16